Luton Boro
Well that was a terrific watch in the end. 3.3 Goalkeeper redeemed himself with some excellent stops and and assombalonga missed a pen too. -Luton go top!
Assombalonga cost me £600....eejit
(08-02-2019, 07:49 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 07:35 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 07:13 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: Turns out it was Moore who was the gash manager. Who’d have thunk
It ?

Or maybe it wasn’t?
Neither of them were - they had us in the playoffs where most people correctly thought we would be and where we ended up under Shan. They did  better against Villa than Shan did too. Only if you buy into the idea that our squad or best XI should have gone straight back up when so many teams dont did they fail. And then only just. The sacking so late and aftermath were stupid and I think both Moore and Jones will do well elsewhere. There were problems with the balance of the squad and what they were capable of after years of Pulis ball on a squad he built for lots of money that got us relegated. The idea that they should puss the league and were the best with the argument at the same time that they could not pass better or even as well as other championship teams was ridiculous. Moore and Jones tried to change things and fair play to them after the dire football we had been subjected to. I expect they will both be successful - perhaps more so apart than together.

Ok. How do you explain Ipswich at home?

Aside from that. We had excellent goal scorers, when you have that in your team, you're likely to win and keep the fans happy.

Providing you're not foolhardy in the back. The notable improvement of our defence under Shan proved what we could have had, had we not spent most of the season trying a system that the players could not do.

At this point people can huff and puff about professional footballers not being able play it out from back, but you have to get the best out of what you have.

We had a decent enough team on one of the highest wage bills in the Championship. It should have been enough.

Those complaining Moore and Jones weren't backed - the only player that they didn't get but wanted was Bryan Oviedo. Would he have really made the difference?
Moore and Jones massively fucked up, our squad was far superior to any other squad. We had Gayle and Rodriguez up top ffs.

I don't really put all the blame on Moore, he should never have been appointed in the first place.
(08-02-2019, 08:56 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Moore and Jones massively fucked up, our squad was far superior to any other squad. We had Gayle and Rodriguez up top ffs.

I don't really put all the blame on Moore, he should never have been appointed in the first place.

They both took a wage and they both didn’t succeed, maybe if DM was a little more experienced he would wound Jones’s neck in a bit more but no hard feelings towards either of em, they both did their best.
(08-02-2019, 08:56 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Moore and Jones massively fucked up, our squad was far superior to any other squad. We had Gayle and Rodriguez up top ffs.

This all day long .

I mean the goals we have away were in double figures and it was blatantly obvious in late Sep it wasn't going to work . But ffs they kept on during the winter months and guess what in that period confidence drained and we lost ground . It wasn't a difficult problem to solve but they couldn't manage it. Both way out of their depth
We were a victim of Jones’ vanity project.