Burke targeting progress
(07-11-2019, 07:27 PM)col lard Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 07:10 PM)cosmicted Wrote: Mayo was a donkey but we loved him.

Joey no brain was the chant at the time.

As many a Forest fan has said to me - it's his lack of brain cells that is the problem.

Joe had one quality luck. The ball would be floated into the box hit him on the back of the head and in it would go. He was still looking to see where the ball had gone while the rest of the team were celebrating.
I've said all along, we haven't seen anything near enough to judge Burke. He looked a real threat against Brighton on his debut-certainly raw, but fast and direct- since then he's barely had a look in, let alone a run in the side. He may well be as bad as some on here think, but I'll decide that for myself and not on the basis of what a few Celtic internet warriors say.
I think we've seen more than enough to judge him, but probably not enough to damn him. Yet.
(07-13-2019, 10:29 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: I've said all along, we haven't seen anything near enough to judge Burke. He looked a real threat against Brighton on his debut-certainly raw, but fast and direct-  since then he's barely had a look in, let alone a run in the side. He may well be as bad as some on here think, but I'll decide that for myself and not on the basis of what a few Celtic internet warriors say.

+1.

Should we get the best out of Burke, it'll be like a new signing. It's make or break for him and his career, now. That should motivate him.
Clarnet v2.0