Useless old players who did one good thing, and did this happen?
Carl Valentine... Fell over, got up, sat on the ball and scored past the Seals. I remember nothing else about him, other than he seemed to like standing on the sideline for most of the match.

Was speaking to my dad the other day, and he claimed to have been at a match vs Everton, when a dog ran onto the pitch and the ball rebounded off it and into the net, and the goal stood (am sure they'd VAR that these days!). Did that happen, or was the oldie pulling my leg?
(07-08-2019, 03:40 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Carl Valentine... Fell over, got up, sat on the ball and scored past the Seals. I remember nothing else about him, other than he seemed to like standing on the sideline for most of the match.

Was speaking to my dad the other day, and he claimed to have been at a match vs Everton, when a dog ran onto the pitch and the ball rebounded off it and into the net, and the goal stood (am sure they'd VAR that these days!). Did that happen, or was the oldie pulling my leg?

Yep, 3 0 win.
I was at the game and recall the dog running around the pitch following the ball and the game wasn't stopped and we scored - I didn't think the dog got an actual assist though.
(07-08-2019, 03:40 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Carl Valentine... Fell over, got up, sat on the ball and scored past the Seals. I remember nothing else about him, other than he seemed to like standing on the sideline for most of the match.

The dog was a jack russell, got onto the pitch and started harrying the Everton defenders as they passed the ball to each other. Everyone, especially the Everton players, thought it was a huge joke until one of their players under pressure from the dog gave the ball away. We broke and scored. Might have been David Cross but can't remember. How the ref allowed play to continue baffles me.
I'd never heard this story (before my time) but this picture did make me smile....

[Image: h_00438654.jpg]
I was in the Brummie as usual and the goal was scored at the Smethwick.

Jesus I was a month past my 17th birthday then, where has that time gone.
(07-08-2019, 04:18 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

Yep, 3 0 win.
Mutt scored a hat-trick?
Cheers, I'm probably more astonished that my old man's memory aint gone yet!!

Great picture there too!
Best number k9 we've ever had.
(07-08-2019, 07:32 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Best number k9 we've ever had.

'Arf!