Ayoze Perez
(07-03-2019, 08:44 AM)Lightnin Wrote: I guess the bad news for us is that this currently means that Gayle is the only forward that they've got left who knows where the goal is.

I know he seems to never be fancied in the PL but you’d have to imagine Gayle would score more than Muto and Joselu’s 3 goals in 31 games combined last season!
He did well last season (13 goals in 41 games) but his record before that isn't great (for example 12 in 41 games in the Championship a couple of seasons ago... well behind Gayle).
Not saying he's a bad player. Just that £30m seems an awful lot of money.
(07-03-2019, 08:58 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 08:44 AM)Lightnin Wrote: I guess the bad news for us is that this currently means that Gayle is the only forward that they've got left who knows where the goal is.

I know he seems to never be fancied in the PL but you’d have to imagine Gayle would score more than Muto and Joselu’s 3 goals in 31 games combined last season!

Almiron?
(07-03-2019, 09:06 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 08:58 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Almiron?

Attacking Midfielder isn't he? if he's a forward, then I'd suggest that still waiting to break his duck in 10 PL games isn't particularly brilliant for someone worth £20m.

I take your point though and accept that he wasn't played as an out and out forward last season.
Almiron definitely isn't a forward. Technically he plays in the Morrison role but frequently he plays even deeper than that at Newcastle.
(07-03-2019, 10:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Almiron definitely isn't a forward. Technically he plays in the Morrison role but frequently he plays even deeper than that at Newcastle.

He was getting rave reviews for his performances before he was injured too.
Will probably go as well.

I'd rather Gayle got his chance in the PL than was lined up against us next season.
(07-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Squid Wrote:

I'd rather Gayle got his chance in the PL than was lined up against us next season.

+1

If he’s not coming to us, he needs to stay at Newcastle.

Whoever signs him will be top 6 as he will guarantee 30 goals in this league.