Gaming clique
(01-29-2019, 01:09 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 12:59 PM)methoxyl Wrote: Gaming is for kids

So is being a sad twat on the internet.

Excellent  Big Grin
(02-04-2019, 10:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Bought a PS4 at Christmas and tbh I’ve played about an hour or so of Rachet and Clank (spelling). One thing I hadn’t realised in the last few years is how ducking expensive games have become, £50 odd pounds for some. I wanted to play the remake of Resident Evil 2 but think I will wait awhile until it gets cheaper. Worra fuckin rip-off gaming as become.

Also are there no simple fun games anymore that don’t require you to spend weeks completing endless boring tasks or learning to get to grips with your character, car, ship etc? All I require from a game these days is to kill a few aliens, zombies, race my kid around a Mario type track or score a goal whilst not having to learn the latest crappy step over etc.

I’ve not paid full price for a game since I bought Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES when I was about 8 for £50. Fifty whole pounds.
In the form of his life.
(02-04-2019, 10:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Bought a PS4 at Christmas and tbh I’ve played about an hour or so of Rachet and Clank (spelling). One thing I hadn’t realised in the last few years is how ducking expensive games have become, £50 odd pounds for some. I wanted to play the remake of Resident Evil 2 but think I will wait awhile until it gets cheaper. Worra fuckin rip-off gaming as become.

Also are there no simple fun games anymore that don’t require you to spend weeks completing endless boring tasks or learning to get to grips with your character, car, ship etc? All I require from a game these days is to kill a few aliens, zombies, race my kid around a Mario type track or score a goal whilst not having to learn the latest crappy step over etc.

There are plenty of games like that available Derek. 

I think video games have only got better and there are some really masterpieces out there. Red Dead Redemption 2 blew me away, it was excellent. The Witcher 3 was another masterpiece.
Games lose their value very quickly. Give it a month or so and RE2 will be 20-25 quid.
(02-04-2019, 11:12 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

I’ve not paid full price for a game since I bought Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES when I was about 8 for £50. Fifty whole pounds.

I've not got time to mess about trading games anymore. When I didn't have kids then maybe, but with a family with three kids under 10 £50 is way too much for one game that you have to give up hours to play. Any recommendations for simple shoot em ups, fighting games would be great.
I don’t think anyone pays 50 quid for a new game anymore, even brand new games on release can be picked up for 35-40 quid if you shop around.

If you want a simple shooter the Doom remake is pretty damn good and can be picked up for pennies, maybe not one for the kids though.
(02-04-2019, 11:42 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 11:12 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

I've not got time to mess about trading games anymore. When I didn't have kids then maybe, but with a family with three kids under 10 £50 is way too much for one game that you have to give up hours to play. Any recommendations for simple shoot em ups, fighting games would be great.

I tend to wait for offers on Amazon prime or go to CEX, second hand games are much more friendly on the pocket.
In the form of his life.
Currently playing my way through RDR2, on chapter 6.

Mrs bought me a couple at Xmas; Last of Us, Nathan Drake Collection and Neir Automata, all of which I'm gaggin to get on. (I'm kind of weird and can only commit to 1 game at a time)
Links awakening remake makes me really want a switch...
In the form of his life.
(02-14-2019, 09:38 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Links awakening remake makes me really want a switch...

Get one! Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros, Football Manager 19...

I play my Switch more than anything, only real time I get these days is
During my commute.