BoJo
(06-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 04:12 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I find it quite funny Johnson's supporters jumping to his defence about having a row with his girlfriend, worried it might derail his leadership bid. As if the lies, the gaffes, the infidelity and the racism has had any effect.

Infidelity and racism didn't stop Corbyn becoming a party leader.

Which kind of backs up my point (although the anti-Semitism has only become apparent since Corbyn has become leader IIRC). Boris is bomb proof.
(06-23-2019, 09:27 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 04:12 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I find it quite funny Johnson's supporters jumping to his defence about having a row with his girlfriend, worried it might derail his leadership bid. As if the lies, the gaffes, the infidelity and the racism has had any effect.

Infidelity and racism didn't stop Corbyn becoming a party leader.

Which kind of backs up my point (although the anti-Semitism has only become apparent since Corbyn has become leader IIRC). Boris is bomb proof.

BJ has carefully crafted an image over many years that means some people are more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put gaffes down to his bumbling persona or write off some of his words as silly public schoolboy piffle. Underneath that facade is a narcissist who will do and say anything to gain power. The affairs, the lies and turnabouts, the stupid hair; he is Trump UK.
 I heard a story that aged 5 he told someone he would be prime minister one day. Usually that would be a charming story of a boy who one day achieved his dream. In Boris’s case though I can’t help thinking it says more about his sense of entitlement to the role.
The Boris Johnson interview with Andrew Neill is going well! Johnson is simply bluster, reminds me of Keegan as England manager and yet the Tory old age pensioners will force him upon the nation as Prime minister!
(07-12-2019, 07:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The Boris Johnson interview with Andrew Neill is going well! Johnson is simply bluster, reminds me of Keegan as England manager and yet the Tory old age pensioners will force him upon the nation as Prime minister!

I don't think I've heard him answer a single question during this campaign.

(07-12-2019, 07:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The Boris Johnson interview with Andrew Neill is going well! Johnson is simply bluster, reminds me of Keegan as England manager and yet the Tory old age pensioners will force him upon the nation as Prime minister!

I don't think I've heard him answer a single question during this campaign.
The shite he comes out with has Bannon written all over it. Starts answers with 'everyone knows' and then states something vague the way Trump does.
(07-15-2019, 01:39 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: The shite he comes out with has Bannon written all over it. Starts answers with 'everyone knows' and then states something vague the way Trump does.

Correct
Unbelievable that we have this shady clown as PM this time next week...

Him and Corbyn as the two main political leaders. No wonder our country is in such disarray and getting worse month on month. Now all bets are off to which dark place we are heading.
Over a month since I posted the OP and only Fenland has had a stab at why Johnson would be a good leader. There must be someone here.
Most of you know I am a keen brexiteer but even I think Boris is a wanker!