Competition intensifies to see who can be the most right wing Tory leader...
Tax cuts for the well off
Abortion rights reduced for women
Closure of parliament to push through no deal Brexit
Double standards for rich and poor with regards to taking drugs 

Depressing.
I'm struggling to believe the Tories are so stupid as to elect BoJo as their leader. 

[Image: D8pKC57W4AMmAit.jpg:large]
(06-10-2019, 08:33 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tax cuts for the well off

Depressing.
You seem to have forgotten:
£500 million to protect endangered species and habitats.
“Slashing” stamp duty for young, first time, homebuyers.

Just out of interest, as I’ve missed it, who is advocating closing Parliament? And would that be legal?

Who has said there would be a different legal standing on drug use between rich or poor.
(06-10-2019, 08:58 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 08:33 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tax cuts for the well off

Depressing.
You seem to have forgotten:
£500 million to protect endangered species and habitats.
“Slashing” stamp duty for young, first time, homebuyers.

Just out of interest, as I’ve missed it, who is advocating closing Parliament? And would that be legal?

Who has said there would be a different legal standing on drug use between rich or poor.

Raab said he would try and close parliament to get Brexit done. It would be a constitutional nightmare
Hunt wants to cut the time you can have an abortion 
Boris wants a cut in income tax for those on £50k some of this would be accounted for by ahem the money we save on Brexit. 
Gove seems to think just saying yeah I took cocaine is ok legally and yet any person caught would not be allowed to work in any public office including education.

Stamp duty? You don’t have to pay stamp duty on a house under £125k now. However this is out of reach for thousands if not millions of young people. Good example of yet another out of touch policy made up on the back of a fag / cocaine Jiffy bag. 

How about they start with trying to reverse some of the cuts they made to the most vulnerable instead? You know the disabled, those in care, the homeless, young people at risk of being involved in gangs? If this was Proth he would produce a graph and say something about the trickle down to effect at this point. 

Oh and I see manufacturing is down...
Tories can't even take drugs and be cool about it. Just fuck off.
I think a move to raise the 40% tax threshold towards £80k is a great idea. Let people be incentivised to work harder and earn more knowing if you do you keep more in your pocket which is exactly how it should be! After all, who is better at spending your money - you or the continually shite red and blue govt we end up with!
(06-10-2019, 05:14 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I think a move to raise the 40% tax threshold towards £80k is a great idea. Let people be incentivised to work harder and earn more knowing if you do you keep more in your pocket which is exactly how it should be! After all, who is better at spending your money - you or the continually shite red and blue govt we end up with!

If you want to give a tax cut, increase the personal allowance. Then those who need the money benefit as well as those who earn £50k-£80k.

Tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the poor are just stupid, and the same job doesn't pay the same everywhere in the country.
(06-10-2019, 05:27 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 05:14 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I think a move to raise the 40% tax threshold towards £80k is a great idea. Let people be incentivised to work harder and earn more knowing if you do you keep more in your pocket which is exactly how it should be! After all, who is better at spending your money - you or the continually shite red and blue govt we end up with!

If you want to give a tax cut, increase the personal allowance. Then those who need the money benefit as well as those who earn £50k-£80k.

Tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the poor are just stupid, and the same job doesn't pay the same everywhere in the country.

Plus some jobs don’t pay as much but offer more to society. Saying such a glib things as “work harder” is the height of crass stupidity. Actually it’s worse than that it’s dangerously flippant and utterly stupid.
(06-10-2019, 06:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Plus some jobs don’t pay as much but offer more to society. Saying such a glib things as “work harder” is the height of crass stupidity. Actually it’s worse than that it’s dangerously flippant and utterly stupid.

I'd benefit from such a change but it wouldn't make me work harder. I earn a salary and get no paid overtime. BB correct, increase personal allowance for benefit of all.
(06-10-2019, 06:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Yes, but I think it's easier to visualise that two jobs with the same responsibilities and same requirements with regards to application could have different salaries.