Why I'm not stressing.
(06-07-2019, 07:58 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:21 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:13 AM)clem4england Wrote: I am not stressed about it but the point a couple of days ago that the profile and style of all of the potential candidates is so varied that we don’t appear to have a clear idea of how we want to play is certainly very valid.

But wouldn't we leave the "style" of play up to the manager? What's it got to do with Dowling/Jenkins how we play?

Surely it's right that we look for the best candidates from a managerial sense and then leave it up to him to determine is own system.

We've had plenty of successful seasons down the years by loads of different managers playing hugely varying styles of football.

Megson, RDM, Mowbray, Clarke, Pulis etc all played different styles and systems.

My take Peachy is that if we’re bringing a Head Coach in and we have a club scouting structure, as opposed to a few hangers on of the manager, then they should be looking for certain types of players that fit a particular style of play.  We’re not buying the best players in the world, they all have something missing in their game which is why they end up at Albion and not Real Madrid.   That jigsaw needs to be put together in consideration of the playing style.

There’s no point buying, say Kyle Bartley, only to appoint someone who wants to play a passing out from the back style of play.  Or say an out and out winger like Montero and then play 3 at the back.

It’s not a project or philosophy as Softbollocks would label it, it’s a well thought out strategy to have the scouts actually looking at certain types of players and building dossiers up on these, rather than lurching from one style to another.  We can’t afford to reshape the squad every time a manger leaves.

At the moment we have a group of players and I’ve no idea what system or style would get the best out of them, we’re all over the place and it’s one of the biggest reasons why we’re in the position we’re in - failed to get promotion from the Champ.

Good post, that's what worries me is that we don't seem to have any clear strategy from the top
(06-07-2019, 05:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: The communication between the club and the fan base is very shoddy they really take the raving piss out of us . How can we really trust them as they have really fucked up the last 4/5 seasons in a manager and recruitment they are simply not up to the job .

Do we really want a board in the style of the Dildo Brothers who when at Bloose & same at Wet Spam, throw out baseless sound bites and empty promises just to generate interest & placate the pant wetters on phone ins &  Social Media

I'd rather they concentrate on getting the job done and then let us know what's happened
(06-07-2019, 08:11 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 05:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: The communication between the club and the fan base is very shoddy they really take the raving piss out of us . How can we really trust them as they have really fucked up the last 4/5 seasons in a manager and recruitment they are simply not up to the job .

Do we really want a board in the style of the Dildo Brothers who when at Bloose & same at Wet Spam, throw out baseless sound bites and empty promises just to generate interest & placate the pant wetters on phone ins &  Social Media

I'd rather they concentrate on getting the job done and then let us know what's happened
Have you forgotten what has gone in the last 3/4 seasons it's been a complete shambles let them.concentrate to get on with things ? Well over 90 + days so far how many more do you think they need ?

(06-07-2019, 07:46 AM)Statto Wrote:

There have been different people at different times over the last five years, some of whom bear great responsibility and are no longer in post. Not disputing it hasn’t gone well at all recently, however..... 

Please tell me exactly what the club should have said about the current manager search other than what they actually have, which was that they are trying to get the right man and the fans need to allow them to complete that job. 

They could have appointed Cowley three weeks ago. He wanted it. It would have shown the decisive action and this perceived sense of direction so many are demanding. 

The same people would then be in meltdown of epic proportions if Bilic, Hughton, Labbadia and others  then rocked up at other clubs a week or two later. 

Getting it right is more important than getting it done quickly in this case. We can’t comment until it’s done. 

This apparent expectation that the club are going to publish the diary of a manager search on the website is laughable. Literally anything they said right now would be turned into a negative by the social media brigade. 

Apparently, the whole board, coaching staff and most of the players should fuck off out of our club immediately. I’m not 100% sure how that translates into getting the right manager and finishing as high as possible. 

There are lots of populistic soundbites being shouted very loudly with very little worthwhile substance about what people would actually do differently. It’s all very Farage-esque and equally as tiresome.
This is more to do with not appointing somebody when Moore was sacked incompetence at its best name another industry where you sack the man to lead you without having a replacement . This is in a multimillion pound business at stake with 170 million on the table .......only at West Brom Jenkins and co are a fucking disgrace and should be hounded out utter cunts the lot of them .
(06-07-2019, 09:11 AM)The liquidator Wrote:

Have you forgotten what has gone in the last 3/4 seasons it's been a complete shambles let them.concentrate to get on with things ? Well over 90 + days so far how many more do you think they need ?

Why do people keep harping on about ninety days for. It’s been 3 weeks since the end of the season we all knew that Shan was taking temp charge after Jokanovic upped his wage demands and Neil { if this was true } signed a new contract with Preston. Now I believe Dowling has done a good job we have looked at different candidates and as we all know one list evolved into another as other candidates become available. We are now at the stage we’re I think the choice is being made. We will find out soon enough. For me it was better doing it this way than picking the first one they interviewed ,which it seems like a lot of you wanted. It has been virtually the same amount of time for both Boro and Swansea have they got managers yet.
Agree mostly with everything.

One thing, though. I don't believe the 'holiday' point. 

Football is a lucrative, global industry. This isn't the 70's. The players and managers haven't prebooked a holiday via Thomas Cook they've been looking forward to all year. The job offer isn't for a few hundred a week. They're not unavailable on the phone and can get back home by private jet if need be. For definite, their agents are still working away. Bar the transfer window, I bet this is the busiest time of the year for them.
I didn't know this. Is this common knowledge? Source?
(06-07-2019, 09:33 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: Agree mostly with everything.

Football is a lucrative, global industry. This isn't the 70's. The players and managers haven't prebooked a holiday via Thomas Cook they've been looking forward to all year. The job offer isn't for a few hundred a week. They're not unavailable on the phone and can get back home by private jet if need be. For definite, their agents are still working away. Bar the transfer window, I bet this is the busiest time of the year for them.
The ones who are keen can rearrange holiday etc... but someone like Hughton who clearly needed a break, I would imagine we have had to wait for him to return
(06-07-2019, 09:11 AM)The liquidator Wrote:

My post never commented on the performance of the Board over the last 3/4 seasons, share your opinion that it's been abysmal, it was purely about the obsession  in hearing from the Board on the back of every single rumour generated.
(06-07-2019, 09:33 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: Agree mostly with everything.

They do still have holiday. Yes they'll attend interviews but if we appoint someone they won't start with us until the holiday is over.
Me personally I think the board get a easy ride on here its like well what will be will be and they know it aswell that's why they get away with it