Next Tory leader/PM
Quite a big field for this one. Here's me onions (no hint of objectivity):

Boris Johnson - is this the state of our politics when a gaff-prone buffoon like this could get the key to No.10 ? Doesn't give a toss about anyone other than himself. If he reaches the last 2, he will undoubtedly get the gig because the grass roots members love him, so here's hoping Gove does a number on him again. Judging by reports over the last few days, it looks like his enemies are already getting in early jabs. Oh yeah, don't forget - f*** business. 

Dominic Raab - quite a polished politician, very bright but comes across as insincere having probably been through a School of Spin - anyone else noticed how he always has a big smile when being asked a question on TV? Hopefully his performance as Brexit minister will blow his chances - surely he isn't that teflon, is he?

Michael Gove - searing intellect, consummate politician, heart of stone. He's the one they all have to beat IMO. The thought of him getting the job chills me - if you thought the last 10 years were cruel, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Andrea Leadsom - looks like a great aunt peering over her glasses. Don't see how she has strengthened her reputation since her last leadership bid.

Jeremy Hunt - really don't see how this bloke has got to where he is. Must be a great networker, so therefore has a chance if he can avoid any gaffes.

Rory Stewart - intriguing one this. Hasn't had ministerial experience in the big departments but you look at his CV and he does seem to have an impact in the roles he serves in. Apparently, he is the "softest Brexiteer", which I suspect might work against him, certainly if he reaches the last 2.

Matt Hancock - comes across as a bit bland and unprepared whenever i see him on TV.

James Cleverley - now here's a confession. I don't think all Tory politicians are c***s. I quite like Cleverley, comes across as quite moderate and has real life experience. What frustrates me about him when I see him on TV is that he toes the party line and I sense he wants to say more but won't. Possible dark horse IMO.

Esther McVey - nah.

Sajid Javid - I wouldn't trust him as far as I cold throw him. Comes across as ruthlessly ambitious. I'd welcome him getting the job though if only to see the faces of the Kippers when they realise what they have done.

Kit Malthouse - who?

Graham Brady - those teeth!

Clearly Brexit will be the driver (again!) and, given the polarised country, I expect a hard Brexiteer and a soft Brexiteer to contest the final 2 places, so I predict Raab v Gove in the final round.
Jeeze whatca depressing list.
I want Boris Johnson for the pure comedy to be honest.
The only ones who deserve to win are those who are not stupid enough to think leaving without a deal is a good idea and who recognise that the EU are not going to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement without another extension stipulating that there can be negotiations.

So that leaves Stewart and Gove, neither will win. So we're going to be left with an idiot.
(05-29-2019, 05:24 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: The only ones who deserve to win are those who are not stupid enough to think leaving without a deal is a good idea and who recognise that the EU are not going to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement without another extension stipulating that there can be negotiations.

So that leaves Stewart and Gove, neither will win. So we're going to be left with an idiot.

Hunt?
(05-29-2019, 07:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 05:24 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: The only ones who deserve to win are those who are not stupid enough to think leaving without a deal is a good idea and who recognise that the EU are not going to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement without another extension stipulating that there can be negotiations.

Hunt?

He's consistently said that he thinks no deal is a good and workable option over the last 2 years. He clearly fits in with the former, though with a tinge of malice rather than a complete lack of any intelligence like Leadsom, Raab and McVey.
(05-29-2019, 07:50 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

Hunt?

He's consistently said that he thinks no deal is a good and workable option over the last 2 years. He clearly fits in with the former, though with a tinge of malice rather than a complete lack of any intelligence like Leadsom, Raab and McVey.

Hasn’t he said recently that any leader campaigning for a no deal Brexit is committing political suicide?
(05-29-2019, 07:59 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Hunt?

Hasn’t he said recently that any leader campaigning for a no deal Brexit is committing political suicide?

He said that it was "political suicide" because Parliament won't let it happen and would trigger an election leading to the "first Marxist prime minister" being PM due to the risk of votes leaking to the Lib Dems, not because it's bad for the country.
(05-29-2019, 11:59 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I want Boris Johnson for the pure comedy to be honest.

I don’t want years of Johnson’s self-serving cuntishness to be rewarded with what he wants. It sets a bad precedent in an already rotten political spectrum.
(05-29-2019, 08:15 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 07:59 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Hunt?

He said that it was "political suicide" because Parliament won't let it happen and would trigger an election leading to the "first Marxist prime minister" being PM due to the risk of votes leaking to the Lib Dems, not because it's bad for the country.

So basically he is saying that the majority of the UK electorate do not want a no deal brexit, but he only sees this as a threat because it will mean the Tory's will lose power not because the electorate don't want it. Sign him up he sounds perfect to lead the country  Rolleyes