Burnley want dawson
(05-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Fido Wrote: Given we depended to a certain extent from goals from corners with him and GMac for a while I'd really like to see him replaced by someone who offers that if he does go.

+1, could be a big miss.
(05-23-2019, 09:37 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 10:07 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:47 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:25 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:09 PM)Supamart Wrote: I’d take 5mill so just get rid asap.

It's no secret Burnley were keen on Dawson and Jrod (old news), but with their other purchases over the last 12 months the need to sign them has now become would like to sign them IMO - Both are a year older and their contracts have reduced in value.  So if either or both go they won't be going for top dollar. I would guess £15 million for the pair of them would be closer to the mark.       J Rod simply because of his wealth of goals and fitness makes him still worth good money, Dawson with him missing a few games and the amount of goals our defence leaked IMO his value has dropped. All guess work though,

Played 45 games. Only JRod and Sam Johnstone played more. Still, that's only a FACT, and counts for nothing on this bored. We're bound to lose some of our best paid players, and we will probably be weaker for it. Can't be helped. The £15m price was mentioned in the Sun, so can't be taken too seriously - - - -

CEB - I didn't check on Dawsons games played, just thought he missed several over the season

Re Dawson's appearances, 41 of them were in the league.  He missed the first four following the alleged pre season sulk off plus Millwall away. 

Under performed for much of the season while sucking lemons. Functional full back in a deep lying Pulis system and passable centre half behind a deep lying block. Distribution often awful, gets caught flat footed too often and another year older.

Cheers for the goal and second leg performance against the Vile but where was that for most of the season? For the reported fee then personally I'd be giving him a piggy back to Burnley and I've been on crutches since December.

That last paragraph is absolutely spot on. He was pretty poor in so many key games. That Boro home game was embarrassing
(05-23-2019, 12:25 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:47 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:25 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: It's no secret Burnley were keen on Dawson and Jrod (old news), but with their other purchases over the last 12 months the need to sign them has now become would like to sign them IMO - Both are a year older and their contracts have reduced in value.  So if either or both go they won't be going for top dollar. I would guess £15 million for the pair of them would be closer to the mark.       J Rod simply because of his wealth of goals and fitness makes him still worth good money, Dawson with him missing a few games and the amount of goals our defence leaked IMO his value has dropped. All guess work though,

Played 45 games. Only JRod and Sam Johnstone played more. Still, that's only a FACT, and counts for nothing on this bored. We're bound to lose some of our best paid players, and we will probably be weaker for it. Can't be helped. The £15m price was mentioned in the Sun, so can't be taken too seriously - - - -

CEB - I didn't check on Dawsons games played, just thought he missed several over the season

Re Dawson's appearances, 41 of them were in the league.  He missed the first four following the alleged pre season sulk off plus Millwall away. 

Under performed for much of the season while sucking lemons. Functional full back in a deep lying Pulis system and passable centre half behind a deep lying block. Distribution often awful, gets caught flat footed too often and another year older.

Cheers for the goal and second leg performance against the Vile but where was that for most of the season? For the reported fee then personally I'd be giving him a piggy back to Burnley and I've been on crutches since December.

That last paragraph is absolutely spot on. He was pretty poor in so many key games. That Boro home game was embarrassing

can't we talk in code, don't want Burnley Bosses reading this do we now !!! Wink
(05-23-2019, 01:23 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 12:25 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:47 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Played 45 games. Only JRod and Sam Johnstone played more. Still, that's only a FACT, and counts for nothing on this bored. We're bound to lose some of our best paid players, and we will probably be weaker for it. Can't be helped. The £15m price was mentioned in the Sun, so can't be taken too seriously - - - -

can't we talk in code, don't want Burnley Bosses reading this do we now !!! Wink

Mate, if that whining bad loser reads this dUMP I’ll make up the difference myself  Big Grin
(05-18-2019, 12:48 PM)Fenland Boing Wrote: can't we talk in code, don't want Burnley Bosses reading this do we now !!! Wink

He's an exceptionally hard working and professional athlete whose face recently avoided many of the challenges it got itself in the way of during previous seasons. This was only to be expected as his bank balance was adversely affected by our relegation from the Premier League. Once back in the Premier League fold I feel sure his never say die attitude will return, just as surely as his sulky lower lip quiver will disappear. We are lucky to have him (for now) and he is sure to look a picture of happiness and delight in future squad photos and kit promos. He has also been known to help old ladies cross the road, he is a truly wonderful human being and works well with the press. So long as he's in the Premier League. Come and get him.