4 man shortlist
(05-19-2019, 05:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 01:18 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 01:10 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 01:05 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 12:46 PM)Atomic Wrote: Apparently Appleton isn't on there. If someone put a gun to my head I'd say:

Cowley
Hughton
Bowyer
O'Neill.

If it were me making the decision I'd pick Hughton.

I'd be amazed if Bowyer was on the list.

He may well not be. The two I'd be almost certain are on the list are Hughton and Cowley, I'd be very surprised if either of them weren't.

The others? Just guesswork to be honest.

Yep. 

I'd expect (or hope) at least one jonny foreigner is on there. Considering how much we were linked with Jokanovic when BD was sacked it seems to have died a death.
That was all going well until he asked what his wages would be....
Big Grin
(05-19-2019, 06:53 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:35 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Has everyone forgotten it was Dowling saying a shortlist of 4 and actually put an open date on if/when a decision would be made.
You just got to love Dowling - he's probably waiting to here about his next job - he jumps ship more the Jack Sparrow.
Personally I don't believe a word he says.

Here we go again it’s Albion so they lie Dowling just stated there was a 4 man short list and it could take longer than 2 weeks why would he lie ,some of you certainly don’t like anything our board say do you.

The same people who complain about lack of communication also call our board a bunch of liars/inept when they do say anything.
Strange how the early candidates have changed ? Mind this was on the 9th of March?

Slavisa Jokanovic 5/2
David Wagner 7/1
Lee Johnson 5/1
Michael Appleton 5/1
Harry Redknapp 8/1
David Moyes 10/1
Derek McInnes 12/1
Tony Mowbray 12/1
Nigel Pearson 12/1
Sam Allardyce 14/1
Garry Monk 16/1
Steve Clarke 16/1
These odds are good if you like a flutter
Skinner 500/1
Chiles. 500/1
Payne. 500/1
What odds on Clapton as he is not in betting
My guess, piecing reports together, is that the shortlist is:

Hughton
O'Neill
Bowyer
Cowley
(05-20-2019, 04:31 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: My guess, piecing reports together, is that the shortlist is:

Hughton
O'Neill
Bowyer
Cowley

If this truly is our shortlist, then it has to be Hughton. Out of those 4, I think hes the only one who has a remote chance of success in what is going to be a major rebuilding process. At least come seasons start, the new man, whoever it may be, cant say that it's not their team. They are going to have to bring at least 6 or 7 of the starting 11 in, if as we all expect, the cull materialises.
(05-20-2019, 04:46 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 04:31 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: My guess, piecing reports together, is that the shortlist is:

Hughton
O'Neill
Bowyer
Cowley

If this truly is our shortlist, then it has to be Hughton. Out of those 4, I think hes the only one who has a remote chance of success in what is going to be a major rebuilding process. At least come seasons start, the new man, whoever it may be, cant say that it's not their team. They are going to have to bring at least 6 or 7 of the starting 11 in, if as we all expect, the cull materialises.

Yeah I'd agree he's the best bet out of them 4.
It's reassuring to know that our monitoring department is still in business and ensuring sufficient time is taken to ensure the correct decision is taken (or some such PR shit)
(05-20-2019, 04:51 PM)strawman Wrote: It's reassuring to know that our monitoring department is still in business and ensuring sufficient time is taken to ensure the correct decision is taken (or some such PR shit)

We missed out big time in not trying to get Dan Ashworth back here when he left the FA. Our demise started the day he left.
(05-20-2019, 04:55 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 04:51 PM)strawman Wrote: It's reassuring to know that our monitoring department is still in business and ensuring sufficient time is taken to ensure the correct decision is taken (or some such PR shit)

We missed out big time in not trying to get Dan Ashworth back here when he left the FA. Our demise started the day he left.

Don't think he was interested at all in coming back. Ashworth a huge loss to us. Hope Dowling can replicate his success.