Total lack of discipline!
(05-18-2019, 05:47 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 08:09 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 07:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Heaps of tiny things add to the shite of the season.
To me, I think we had the players but the farting around at the back cost us. I honestly believe we would have got top 2 if we hadn't kept this infuriating tippy tappy stuff, which is not designed for 6ft 4 no nonsense centre halves.
Look at how Bartley has improved now he is not being asked to be Beckenbauer.

Imho the job of a centre half is to head, kick, tackle and bully the opposing forwards not play 40yrd killer fuggin passes or dribble out passed players like your Messi FFS. Their job is to stop the ball going in our nett.

Spot on. Do all that and give it short to a ball playing defensive midfielder like Field or Barry etc to pick a pass.

Simple really.

The Jones tactics were our downfall this season imo. If BD had continued the fine job he did at the end of the Prem season and kept Shan as his assistant I think we would have faired better. Alas we'll never know.

Agree. Jones will not get a good reception when Luton come to the Hawthorns.
While the Jones affect did us no favours. This was influenced by our lack of quality players. Our disciplinary issues are being used to blame individuals, this is wrong IMO. Our bookings and red cards have been less then many clubs. Several of our bookings have been due to clumsy tackles or silly challenges from tiredness. If we had more enthusiastic determined players I'm sure our card count would be much higher.
(05-16-2019, 10:52 PM)Statto Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 10:01 PM)Artist Wrote: Gayle was going for the ball, Brunt was compensating for not really being a central midfielder. HRK was stupid.

Brunt also put into that situation by our otherwise excellent centre half trying a fucking ridiculous Cruyff turn 25 yards  from our goal when getting a call to get rid, which was actually a far less disciplined act than Brunt's reactive lunge.

Need to watch it again but I’m not sure he was trying a Cruyff turn. Looked to me like he won the ball after Morrison’s mistake then got it caught up under his feet.
(05-18-2019, 09:17 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 10:52 PM)Statto Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 10:01 PM)Artist Wrote: Gayle was going for the ball, Brunt was compensating for not really being a central midfielder. HRK was stupid.

Brunt also put into that situation by our otherwise excellent centre half trying a fucking ridiculous Cruyff turn 25 yards  from our goal when getting a call to get rid, which was actually a far less disciplined act than Brunt's reactive lunge.

Need to watch it again but I’m not sure he was trying a Cruyff turn. Looked to me like he won the ball after Morrison’s mistake then got it caught up under his feet

No, he deffo tried a fancy turn and got caught in possession. He should have just smashed it away.
It’s academic now. We move on.
(05-18-2019, 09:32 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s academic now. We move on.

True. We can allow ourselves to be haunted forever by the "what might have beens". We shot ourselves in the foot, and then kept on shooting, for most of the season. 
 We've all renewed our tickets and intend to do more away games next season.  On we go, and I wont be whinging this afternoon when I'm out with some villa fans. Many know they had the rub of the green and the ones that don't...well fuck 'em, they'll never know anything anyway.
(05-18-2019, 10:10 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 09:32 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s academic now. We move on.

True. We can allow ourselves to be haunted forever by the "what might have beens". We shot ourselves in the foot, and then kept on shooting, for most of the season. 
 We've all renewed our tickets and intend to do more away games next season.  On we go, and I wont be whinging this afternoon when I'm out with some villa fans. Many know they had the rub of the green and the ones that don't...well fuck 'em, they'll never know anything anyway.

My thoughts exactly bud, time to look forward not constantly harping on about the past and becoming even more bitter about our miss fortune there's fugg all we can do about, let's move on and get 100% behind our new manager who ever they turn out to be turn up at the Hawthorns in our droves and give the team the type of backing it had Tues for the whole season instead of the usual moan, whinging & apathy of this season, we're Albion we're better than that we showed the world what we do Tues let's do more of it. COYB
My sentiments exactly 74 Boing Boing