Does anyone on the board know who the US investor was ??
The Chinese rejected a £200 million takeover offer from a mystery US investor a while back, does anyone on the board know who I was. Here's the link

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...eover-bid/
I don't know who the investor was.

I bet Lai is regretting not taking the cash though. Williams said that Lai would "continue his plans for its ongoing development." according to the E&S article. i look forward to seeing the implementation of these plans.
Knowing our luck it would have been Randy Lerner.
(05-16-2019, 12:06 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I don't know who the investor was.

I bet Lai is regretting not taking the cash though. Williams said that Lai would "continue his plans for its ongoing development." according to the E&S article. i look forward to seeing the implementation of these plans.

Yeah, they won't get anything near that for us now. More like 60-70 million. I think if he doesn't get us up next season. He might definitely looks to sell up. Mind I wouldnt mind a change of ownership now. Lai and his associates have been a disaster.
(05-16-2019, 12:16 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote:

Yeah, they won't get anything near that for us now. More like 60-70 million. I think if he doesn't get us up next season. He might definitely looks to sell up. Mind I wouldnt mind a change of ownership now. Lai and his associates have been a disaster.

Whilst there is no external debt in the accounts (and there couldn't be acquisition finance secured against club assets) we don't know if Lai has borrowed the monies to purchase us. If he has, it isn't blatantly obvious that he has done so. Even so, we don't know if he could, (or would be willing to) cut his losses at £70M. That's one hell of a hair cut.
(05-16-2019, 01:53 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Whilst there is no external debt in the accounts (and there couldn't be acquisition finance secured against club assets) we don't know if Lai has borrowed the monies to purchase us. If he has, it isn't blatantly obvious that he has done so. Even so, we don't know if he could, (or would be willing to) cut his losses at £70M. That's one hell of a hair cut.
 I'm not ITK or any such like,  but don't the club own a lot of land? I remember Peace saying we own freeholds almost down to the motorway plus on Halfords Lane. Then there is the ground, the training ground and there used to be quite a few houses and apartments. If all this is still so, then it isn't too hard to see how he could recoup a huge amount of his investment.
(05-16-2019, 07:25 PM)IIThanks Tom Joad Wrote:

I'm not ITK or any such like,  but don't the club own a lot of land? I remember Peace saying we own freeholds almost down to the motorway plus on Halfords Lane. Then there is the ground, the training ground and there used to be quite a few houses and apartments. If all this is still so, then it isn't too hard to see how he could recoup a huge amount of his investment.

I don’t think there’s any significant land parcels shown in the accounts
(05-16-2019, 07:27 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 07:25 PM)IIThanks Tom Joad Wrote:

I don’t think there’s any significant land parcels shown in the accounts

That's disappointing as I distinctly remember Peace saying we owned much of that land.