Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker
Checked the online betting site Oddschecker.com and saw the Lincoln City manager, Danny Cowley, in at second favourite. Oversaw Lincolns promotion back to the Football League, first non League club to reach the QF of the FA Cup. Won the EFL trophy, beating Shrewsbury. Guided Lincoln to promotion to League One.

Highly thought of manager. I'd certainly like to see a young hungry manager like him given a chance. What's everyone's thought. Too much of a step up for him or not. Paul Hurst did well at Shrewsbury failed at ipswich Blush
Where's Appleton gone from the list of odds? Was near the top, now not there anymore?
I wouldn’t be against giving them a shot.
(05-16-2019, 12:37 PM)Squid Wrote: Where's Appleton gone from the list of odds? Was near the top, now not there anymore?

I don't rate Appleton at all, bar a decent spell at Oxford. Done shite every where else.
Cowley a gamble. As Stoke have found, a successful young Lower league manager doesn't always translate to success higher up.
I'd prefer Hughton.
(05-16-2019, 12:44 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:37 PM)Squid Wrote: Where's Appleton gone from the list of odds? Was near the top, now not there anymore?

I don't rate Appleton at all, bar a decent spell at Oxford. Done shite every where else.

It seems to smack of a decision already being made that bookies won't take any bets on him.

I can see it now: "The club has held lengthy discussions with numerous candidates, but it was decided that Michael represented the best chance of..."
(05-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Cowley a gamble. As Stoke have found, a successful young Lower league manager doesn't always translate to success higher up.
I'd prefer Hughton.

You could say similar about Swansea and Potter but he is already being linked with a move up to the PL. If they manage to keep him you’d fancy Swansea to challenge for the top six next year.

Hiring the Cowleys would require a degree of patience from everyone at the club.
(05-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Cowley a gamble. As Stoke have found, a successful young Lower league manager doesn't always translate to success higher up.
I'd prefer Hughton.

Hughton just another Pulis clone.  Undecided
New poster starting multiple bollox threads. Shock!
(05-16-2019, 12:50 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:44 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote:

It seems to smack of a decision already being made that bookies won't take any bets on him.

I can see it now: "The club has held lengthy discussions with numerous candidates, but it was decided that Michael represented the best chance of..."
I give up with this board if we appoint Appleton. Shocking decision if it's him. We'll be fighting relegation.