Best Keeper
With the sad news of Gordon Banks passing, who do people rate as the best keeper ever, Banks was certainly one of the greats.
Yashin, Buffon, Shilton, Jennings would all be up there as well
Southall and Smichael spring to mind immediately
(02-12-2019, 11:51 AM)EdĀ Hopper Wrote: Southall and Smichael spring to mind immediately

Two of the best I have seen along with Pat Jennings
Has to be Peter Schmeichel in my life time of watching football, a massive presence, with no real weakness. Brilliant at organising his defence, great shot stopper, managed his angles perfectly and excellent distribution. The all-round keeper. Shilton probably the best England keeper in my life time, but didn't have the same overall strengths as the Great Dane! (Can I be the first to mention Crichton in this thread? Smile )
Shilton for me.
Shilton and Jennings for me.
Top 3 in my era

Southall
Jennings
Shilts

Favourite 3 overseas keepers

Dasaev
Arconada
Schumacher......
In my lifetime: Schmeichel
The first keeper I ever took real notice of was Dino Zoff at Espana 82.

Agree with what EG wrote about Schmeichel.
Personal favourite Francesco Toldo.
(02-12-2019, 12:05 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: Has to be Peter Schmeichel in my life time of watching football, a massive presence, with no real weakness. Brilliant at organising his defence, great shot stopper, managed his angles perfectly and excellent distribution. The all-round keeper. Shilton probably the best England keeper in my life time, but didn't have the same overall strengths as the Great Dane! (Can I be the first to mention Crichton in this thread? Smile )

You can mention Crisis, sorry, Chrichton, but I`ll raise you a Chris Adamson!
While on about great keepers, forgot Van Der Sar