Greasy debate on Talk Sport
After watching last night s match, I'd say that Marriott, Mount, Wilson are all more effective than Grealish.
And Leeds have a couple.
Grealish was good on Tuesday. He drops back when they attack, receives the ball comfortably, beats his man (often brunt) easily, plays good balls forward...
But does that make him a world beater?
No.
I can see why coaches consider man to man marking though. He is their key player.
(05-16-2019, 06:48 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: After watching last night s match, I'd say that Marriott, Mount, Wilson are all more effective than Grealish.
And Leeds have a couple.
Grealish was good on Tuesday. He drops back when they attack, receives the ball comfortably, beats his man (often brunt) easily, plays good balls forward...
No.
I can see why coaches consider man to man marking though. He is their key player.

Last night was different as the game was open.  In a tight game against our well drilled defence on Saturday, have to say that Grealish was the difference and turned the tie on it's head in five minutes, albeit with a trailing leg for the second he well and truly picked Gibbs' pocket.
(05-16-2019, 06:48 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: After watching last night s match, I'd say that Marriott, Mount, Wilson are all more effective than Grealish.
And Leeds have a couple.
No.

Tackle him throat high with two feet. That stops him.
(05-15-2019, 05:13 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: ‘He ran the show, bossed the game, he was amazing’
Sneekes view on Grealish last night

Don't get me going  Shy.

I was also very disappointed in Bomber's comments just before the game bigging Villa up.  Couldn't believe what I was hearing!  First time I think I disagreed with anything he said....what were you thinking Bomber??
(05-16-2019, 10:23 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 05:13 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: ‘He ran the show, bossed the game, he was amazing’
Sneekes view on Grealish last night

Don't get me going  Shy.

I was also very disappointed in Bomber's comments just before the game bigging Villa up.  Couldn't believe what I was hearing!  First time I think I disagreed with anything he said....what were you thinking Bomber??

Being a honest pundit?
Grealish must have touched the ball more than any other player on the pitch. He was always available and dictated everything they did. He can go past a man but he is not a Harvey Barnes type of player. However you can see why he is so pivotal to Villa. Without him playing we would have won I believe as he was the focal point for both what they did and what we did.
Whatever the pros and cons of him the fact remains he is, and always will be, a cheating, dirty fisheatingsealcunt.
(05-15-2019, 06:51 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:18 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Nowhere near as good as Harvey Barnes.

My thoughts exactly.

Different type of player so not a good comparison.

Greasy makes decent simple passes.

I have to say despite what everyone says he was one of a few if the only player who came and consold every single baggies player on Tuesday and was well received.
(05-16-2019, 11:39 AM)coxy134 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:51 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:18 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Nowhere near as good as Harvey Barnes.

My thoughts exactly.

Different type of player so not a good comparison.

Greasy makes decent simple passes.

I have to say despite what everyone says he was one of a few if the only player who came and consold every single baggies player on Tuesday and was well received.

Yep I noticed that too came over to Daws, Gibbo & Harper in front of the Brummie I think it was looked well humble to be honest fair play to him for that,, but he is still a twat.
He's a good player for sure, but not as good as people make out.  Having said that I've only seen him three times this year 

One things for sure he ain't good enough to pay with rolled down socks