So, how long does Moore have?
(02-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Football and a long term vision? A lovely thought but when the results aren’t there and the club feels the heat of the fans and financial implications it’ll be a nasty ending.

But sacking and replacing managers isn't cheap either. No one walks, so you always have to pay them off. Unless you want someone currently unemployed, which means no one else wants them, then you have to pay compensation to bring in a new manager.

The fans are not the experts and sometimes those a bit closer need to stand up to them.

I'm sure plenty of Norwich wanted Farke's head after last season but the club were patient and they're looking good now.
(02-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Football and a long term vision? A lovely thought but when the results aren’t there and the club feels the heat of the fans and financial implications it’ll be a nasty ending.

Dek we are not fortunate enough to see or understand the terms and conditions DM agreed to when he took the job?
This makes a massive difference to if he's around short or long term. Sure the results are a measure of success, but he may have several other targets we are not aware of?
(02-09-2019, 04:04 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Football and a long term vision? A lovely thought but when the results aren’t there and the club feels the heat of the fans and financial implications it’ll be a nasty ending.

Dek we are not fortunate enough to see or understand the terms and conditions DM agreed to when he took the job?
This makes a massive difference to if he's around short or long term. Sure the results are a measure of success, but he may have several other targets we are not aware of?

I guarantee that results will determine if he stays or goes like every other manager. The average time for a manager is around 1.8years isn’t it?
(02-09-2019, 04:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I guarantee that results will determine if he stays or goes like every other manager. The average time for a manager is around 1.8years isn’t it?

To a certain degree that's correct. Problem is I think we all believed a mid table position would be acceptable this year while we removed the dead wood and rebuilt a squad to gain promotion next year. We haven't rebuilt and we're clinging onto a promotion possibility this year. If we fail, that leaves us almost in no man's land.
(02-09-2019, 04:52 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

To a certain degree that's correct. Problem is I think we all believed a mid table position would be acceptable this year while we removed the dead wood and rebuilt a squad to gain promotion next year. We haven't rebuilt and we're clinging onto a promotion possibility this year. If we fail, that leaves us almost in no man's land.

Not sure I agree we'll be in no-mans land if we don't get promoted this season.

I think we'll lose Gibbs and potentially Rodriguez and Dawson, but I think that's about it. The younger players will have another season of football under their belt, and I expect a deal to be done with Gayle and Rondon in the summer regardless. 

We wont have the financial advantage we have this year, but I think we'll still be in a fairly strong position compared to a lot of the league.
(02-09-2019, 06:33 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 04:52 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Not sure I agree we'll be in no-mans land if we don't get promoted this season.

I think we'll lose Gibbs and potentially Rodriguez and Dawson, but I think that's about it. The younger players will have another season of football under their belt, and I expect a deal to be done with Gayle and Rondon in the summer regardless. 

We wont have the financial advantage we have this year, but I think we'll still be in a fairly strong position compared to a lot of the league.

We still have a good parachute payment, but with so many players retiring or loanee's returning to other clubs and others seeking moves we will be a lot weaker then we are now. IMO.
If we don't beat Forest, I'd get rid.