Sam Field
With many players leaving / retiring / etc he will be required a lot more in the future.
He has got several games under his belt this season, which is exactly what he needed.
Competiton for places is tough we have 3 or 4 midfield places and lets think about it a large selection to try and fit in.
Livermore - Barry - Brunt - Mozza - Harper - hoolahan - Leko - Edwards - Phillips - Gibbs - Leko and Field to chose from.
I like him he's a good honest player who always puts a shift in, never moans he just gets on with it.
Fantastic opportunity for us and him in the future to introduce home grown talent. I can see him as a first team regular.
(04-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: With many players leaving / retiring / etc he will be required a lot more in the future.
He has got several games under his belt this season, which is exactly what he needed.
Competiton for places is tough we have 3 or 4 midfield places and lets think about it a large selection to try and fit in.
Livermore - Barry - Brunt - Mozza - Harper - hoolahan - Leko - Edwards - Phillips - Gibbs - Leko and Field to chose from.
I like him he's a good honest player who always puts a shift in, never moans he just gets on with it.
Fantastic opportunity for us and him in the future to introduce home grown talent. I can see him as a first team regular.

this will be the last season of brunt morrison and barry dominance. although we've been saying that for a few years!
(04-17-2019, 11:31 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Like you I desperately want him to succeed, genuine nice guy, loves the Brom, I just don't see it, I can't see him having the ability to play any higher than mid table Championship level at best

So hope I'm wrong but he's had more pedestrian games than good games for us IMO.

May be a career for him left of a three at the back in time

Cuzer

I think he has probably had more anonymous games than good ones.  His best 2 were probably those under SGM. 

His passing is tidy enough - but not particularly penetrative. The biggest weakness is his mobility - as this hampers him picking up the 2nd ball.
(04-17-2019, 11:36 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: With hindsight, he should have gone out on loan this season, there was definitely interest, but the abundance of similar MCs and the emergence of Harper has limited his game time far more than expected.

If we get promoted he needs to go out on loan, if we stay down, he needs a proper go as there is a real player there but the next couple of years for me will determine if he becomes the PL player he has the potential to be, or knocks between League One and the Champ as a classy but inconsistent link man.

In fairness Livermore is a demon on the decks so Field never got a look in for the Christmas party
(04-17-2019, 12:00 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:36 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: With hindsight, he should have gone out on loan this season, there was definitely interest, but the abundance of similar MCs and the emergence of Harper has limited his game time far more than expected.

If we get promoted he needs to go out on loan, if we stay down, he needs a proper go as there is a real player there but the next couple of years for me will determine if he becomes the PL player he has the potential to be, or knocks between League One and the Champ as a classy but inconsistent link man.

In fairness Livermore is a demon on the decks so Field never got a look in for the Christmas party

He’s a demon on the buffet. Especially with that note from Tone saying he has to bulk up
(04-17-2019, 12:25 PM)IMancbaggies Wrote:

He’s a demon on the buffet. Especially with that note from Tone saying he has to bulk up

Big Grin
(04-17-2019, 12:25 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

He’s at the New Square West Bromwich today.
(04-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Brunty Wrote: He's got the ability to be as good as Michael Carrick. He needs someone to give him confidence and a run in the team like Megson did.

Did you find this information in the Joey Barton book of fantasy facts?   Rolleyes
(04-17-2019, 11:31 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Like you I desperately want him to succeed, genuine nice guy, loves the Brom, I just don't see it, I can't see him having the ability to play any higher than mid table Championship level at best

So hope I'm wrong but he's had more pedestrian games than good games for us IMO

May be a career for him left of a three at the back in time

Cuzer
Totally agree with the above. Would love him to succeed but he has had too many chances now and at if not good enough at his age unlikely to progress more than being a run of the mill Championship player (which isn't bad lets be honest). Should have gone out on Loan to get a run of games long before now imo
I think the contrast between peoples' attitudes to Rekeem Harper and Sam Field is interesting. Harper was praised to the heavens by all and sundry - clearly a player with huge talent - who then went on to be increasingly ineffective (not sure about the double negative there - - - ) as we struggled. Field has looked comfortable on the pitch, unhurried, generally in the right place to do the simple things well - the simple interceptions that our more experienced players weren't doing in the latter chaotic days of Moore and Jones. But he is judged a "run of the mill Championship player" who has "had too many chances".

It's harsh to judge any of the younger players on their contributions this season. It's been another shit-show, with a revolving door of coaching ideas and coaches. Difficult for a seasoned player to perform consistently, well nigh impossible for an inexperienced one to thrive. But we love to do our players down, don't we.