Gayle's future
See's his future at the Hawthorns - he loves playing with J Rod apparently. 
That's a great boost for the club.
Lets hope the clowns find the money a) to buy him & B) to meet his salary requirements.
Not really heard anything from Gayle since she represented the UK in Euro Vision 2008. Was great in Eastenders though.
Gayle will only be here if we're in the prem next season IMO.
(04-15-2019, 11:48 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Gayle will only be here if we're in the prem next season IMO.

Why?

I can’t see a clamour of PL clubs going for him. His reputation isn’t the best for that division. Therefore what other Championship club has a better chance of signing him?
(04-15-2019, 11:55 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 11:48 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Gayle will only be here if we're in the prem next season IMO.

Why?

I can’t see a clamour of PL clubs going for him. His reputation isn’t the best for that division. Therefore what other Championship club has a better chance of signing him?

Not a clamour, no. But I think there'll be one or two, and they'll straight away be able to give him far more wages than us. Then there's the issue of whether he'll be back at Newcastle anyway.....

I think fans will be disappoiinted if they expect Gayle to be here next season in the champ.
I think there will be a few bottom half sides in for him. 

He is good enough for PL squads of that ilk - and certainly a decent bench player. Imo, he is good enough to start at that level - in a front 2.
In fairness, what else would he say? “I can’t wait to leave, no way I’m coming back” ??

Money talks, and next season, if we don’t get up there will be 5-6 teams in this division who will happily pay him more than us.
Gayle will have a good World Cup for the Windes. But after that, he will proably retire.
Clarnet v2.0
(04-15-2019, 11:35 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: See's his future at the Hawthorns - he loves playing with J Rod apparently. 
That's a great boost for the club.
Lets hope the clowns find the money a) to buy him & B) to meet his salary requirements.

Only 6 or 7 games left playing with him then,  unless we go up!
(04-15-2019, 12:05 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In fairness, what else would he say? “I can’t wait to leave, no way I’m coming back” ??

Money talks, and next season, if we don’t get up there will be 5-6 teams in this division who will happily pay him more than us.
Cynical but true. The fans will lap up any nonsense.