Hull City
(04-18-2019, 06:05 PM)B36baggie Wrote: I am quite surprised Hull are bringing over 500.

My good lady is from Ull & it’s predominantly a rugby town. The big Hull/Hull KR Derby is tomorrow so it will be hardcore only making the trip.

It is but the Hull football masses seemed to appear from nowhere when they opened the new stadium and got to the Prem plus they seem to have v high demand for Wembley games !

That said, a lot seem to support Leeds around there for some reason.
(04-18-2019, 06:22 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: We have never had regular 40,000/60,000 crowds, I seem to recall our best average crowd was 38,000 over a season was during the 1940's/50's

Yes we did look them up. They were different times and gates varied hugely from game to game. Our highest average attendance (from memory) is somewhere around 38,000 but back in the day the highest attendances were reserved for the FA Cup which was then THE competition, even more so than the league.
(04-18-2019, 06:26 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 06:05 PM)B36baggie Wrote: I am quite surprised Hull are bringing over 500.

My good lady is from Ull & it’s predominantly a rugby town. The big Hull/Hull KR Derby is tomorrow so it will be hardcore only making the trip.

It is but the Hull football masses seemed to appear from nowhere when they opened the new stadium and got to the Prem plus they seem to have v high demand for Wembley games !

That's what I've found. Huge county, not many football clubs.
 Like it or not, Peace was correct when he made that landlocked quote.
(04-18-2019, 06:29 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

No he wasn't. He was what we've had for Albion in 40 years, small thinking, no ambition. Wolves are land locked, so are Villa. It's 100% bullshit which will get into everyone's subconscious.
Matchday update:

East Stand         679
Brummie Road   468
West Stand        89
Smethwick         Sold Out

Remaining:    1,236
(04-18-2019, 06:35 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 06:29 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

No he wasn't. He was what we've had for Albion in 40 years, small thinking, no ambition. Wolves are land locked, so are Villa. It's 100% bullshit which will get into everyone's subconscious.

+1
Lovely weather this morning. Should be a cracking day.