Brighton Thread
(02-06-2019, 11:50 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:37 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:25 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: It's trolling to be constantly attention seeking with belligerent comments - people try to get on but some just want conflict it seems making comments like the fa cup is meaningless etc. Nick would be banned for such trolling - it goes beyond a difference of opinion or seeing eye to eye - most people on here don't a lot of the time. Because we disagree I've perhaps been too patient but that won't last forever.

No it isn’t trolling to say the cup is meaningless this year in terms of winning the thing compared to the prize of the Prem. It was my opinion and still is. I find posters saying x, y, z is shit week after week makes for conflict but I wouldn’t accuse them of trolling.
It depends on the tone of delivery and consistency to make such calls and of course it is subjective - but evidence accumulates. Are you suggesting we should not have entered the cup? It's like the constant threads of should we finish in the top two or not after every draw or defeat. It's starting to look like trolling. If you are genuinely a fan who thinks the fa cup is meaningless though you have my sympathy.

When we have a meaningful chance of winning the cup then it will become meaningful again.
From Moore's post match interview it sounded a pre determined decision to give certain players like J Rod and Dawson only 45 mins. Neither injured.
(02-06-2019, 11:56 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:51 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Did Jrod go off because of the away fans trolling him?

Doubt it, didn't seem to be affecting his game?

Just couldn’t get my head around the change. As you say wasn’t playing badly, didn’t seem injured.

However he was wasted playing wide and deep.
(02-07-2019, 12:03 AM)sickParrot Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:51 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Did Jrod go off because of the away fans trolling him?

Just couldn’t get my head around the change. As you say wasn’t playing badly, didn’t seem injured.

Still got into some good positions Mon...

(02-07-2019, 12:08 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

He always does.
(02-07-2019, 12:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:25 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: It's trolling to be constantly attention seeking with belligerent comments - people try to get on but some just want conflict it seems making comments like the fa cup is meaningless etc. Nick would be banned for such trolling - it goes beyond a difference of opinion or seeing eye to eye - most people on here don't a lot of the time. Because we disagree I've perhaps been too patient but that won't last forever.

No it isn’t trolling to say the cup is meaningless this year in terms of winning the thing compared to the prize of the Prem. It was my opinion and still is. I find posters saying x, y, z is shit week after week makes for conflict but I wouldn’t accuse them of trolling.
It depends on the tone of delivery and consistency to make such calls and of course it is subjective - but evidence accumulates. Are you suggesting we should not have entered the cup? It's like the constant threads of should we finish in the top two or not after every draw or defeat. It's starting to look like trolling. If you are genuinely a fan who thinks the fa cup is meaningless though you have my sympathy.

When we have a meaningful chance of winning the cup then it will become meaningful again.

Like in 2008 when we were vying for promotion in the same league we're in now?
(02-07-2019, 12:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I nominate this for the Bored Oscars 2019 most ridiculous post of the year.

FFS. Burton in the league cup this year, Bradford last, Newport this year . None have a meaningful chance of winning it either but the point is at least they gave it a good go.
2008.....the Mogga days...
8600 people there tonight tends to suggest most people had given up on the cup this season, all of our cup games this season have been poor not surprising really when as a club Albion haven't taken any cup completion seriously for quite some years, it's a crying shame as the cups are our only chance of winning any silverware which would in turn get more fans attending games and attract a better quality of player to the club, which could improve league performance etc etc.