Caretaker managers in the play-offs
Has it ever happened before? 

I can't think of another example of a side being as good as guaranteed to get in to the play-offs and playing under a caretaker manager with 7 games to go, either.
Not even a caretaker until the end of the season manager, but a "game by game" caretaker manager. It's nonsense.
The thing is,  it's so unnecessary. 

It's been said that there were concerns with BD/GS in October so we've had 6 months to draw up a short-list of managers in the event we were going to push the button and act once the decision was taken. 

So why the inertia?  It really is incredulous and this has the potential to become an even bigger disaster than last season.  

Jenkins is at the core of this.  He dithered over sacking Pardew which cost us our prem place and now he's dithering which could cost us promotion. 

If of course there is a logical explanation for all this then the club should make some kind of statement.  The silence is deafening and a gross proverbial kick in the balls to thousands of loyal Albion fans.  

It really is turning me away from a club I have loved for the whole of my life.   I won't forget this and neither will thousands of others. Probably my last season attending the Hawthorns.
(04-08-2019, 04:25 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Has it ever happened before? 

I can't think of another example of a side being as good as guaranteed to get in to the play-offs and playing under a caretaker manager with 7 games to go, either.

I think Paul Heckinbottom won the playoffs as caretaker to get Barnsley into the Champo 3 years back
(04-08-2019, 05:21 PM)Hopalong Wrote: The thing is,  it's so unnecessary. 

It's been said that there were concerns with BD/GS in October so we've had 6 months to draw up a short-list of managers in the event we were going to push the button and act once the decision was taken. 

So why the inertia?  It really is incredulous and this has the potential to become an even bigger disaster than last season.  

Jenkins is at the core of this.  He dithered over sacking Pardew which cost us our prem place and now he's dithering which could cost us promotion. 

If of course there is a logical explanation for all this then the club should make some kind of statement.  The silence is deafening and a gross proverbial kick in the balls to thousands of loyal Albion fans.  

It really is turning me away from a club I have loved for the whole of my life.   I won't forget this and neither will thousands of others. Probably my last season attending the Hawthorns.

IMO Jenkins thought a queue of good managers would be waiting to lead our mighty club? 
Not with him running the show, obviously the behind the scenes management are a bigger issue then we are led to believe,
10 bob a week and instructions to sell players and get loans ain't everyone's idea of a winning formula.

You’ll be back saying “keep the faith” tomorrow.
(04-08-2019, 05:51 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

IMO Jenkins thought a queue of good managers would be waiting to lead our mighty club? 
Not with him running the show, obviously the behind the scenes management are a bigger issue then we are led to believe,
10 bob a week and instructions to sell players and get loans ain't everyone's idea of a winning formula.

Unfortunately bud it's the Albion way and has been by and large for decades eventually this sort of short term penny pinching will ultimately condem our great club to footballs wilderness for longer than ever before with the current gap between the haves and have not getting wider by the year, God forbid but if we don't get our house in order pretty damn quick we may never recover.
If we don't get back up this season I fear Roland's vision of mid-table championship will be fulfilled.  

It's disgusting that the burghers of this great club haven't an ounce of ambition in their scroogy bodies.
Jenkins is clearly not up to it, at all. I could use more incendiary language, but that would be pointless.

I also can't imagine that Lai has much interest in the club, despite the obvious fact it's cost him a packet. It doesn't make sense, unless there's some smart write-off accountancy way in China to turn a 180 big one loss into a technical break even or better.
The only hope is Lai gives Jenkins the bullet - he's got his recruitment team and DOF now - he's sacked 2 managers and we are getting worse as time goes by. He must be on borrowed time now.