nfl season prediction thread
What a turnaround from the 9ers, first half was as bad as I've seen us all season, defensively they were AOTS and Lions basically did whatever they wanted

I really didn't see a way back in the second half, I knew we would improve on the ground we couldn't be that bad again, some brave 4th down calls from the Lions which in hindsight now seem a tad foolish

Play like that in a fourtnight and Mahone's and co will have a field day

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-29-2024, 11:03 AM)Cuzer Wrote: What a turnaround from the 9ers, first half was as bad as I've seen us all season, defensively they were AOTS and Lions basically did whatever they wanted

I really didn't see a way back in the second half, I knew we would improve on the ground we couldn't be that bad again, some brave 4th down calls from the Lions which in hindsight now seem a tad foolish

Play like that in a fourtnight and Mahone's and co will have a field day

Cuzer

Thing is with the fourth down calls, Lions and Campbell have been doing that for 3 years, since he became HC. All the people on Twitter (not you as you seem plenty more measured about it) screaming at the Lions for not taking the points, because it didn't work. If it worked, everyone would be lauding his massive bollocks to go for it.

It's very similar to the Bazball discussion. When it doesn't work (or even doesn't seem to be), people are very quick to jump up and say it's all shite, but a lot of the time, it works.
I agree AB, as a 9ers fan I was urging them to go for it as we needed to get our hands on the ball

I know it's their way but I was questioning not going for the field goal when so far in front, 9ers getting the ball back where we did just raised the belief and of course we went on to score, twice,from those fourth down calls

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-29-2024, 12:15 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I agree AB, as a 9ers fan I was urging them to go for it as we needed to get our hands on the ball

I know it's their way but I was questioning not going for the field goal when so far in front, 9ers getting the ball back where we did just raised the belief and of course we went on to score, twice,from those fourth down calls

Cuzer

I think the 9ers score anyway though. Lions gave up 27 points in the second half, your offense was torching them. Campbell knew he had to score TDs.
(01-29-2024, 11:03 AM)Cuzer Wrote: some brave 4th down calls from the Lions which in hindsight now seem a tad foolish

Brave 4th down calls is what got us this far (18-21). All Lions fans know that.

We were a interception that became a 51 yard deflected catch for Aiyuk, a fumble and two dropped passes from pulling this off. I was gutted last night but I'm delighted on the season - if you'd have given me this September I'd have bitten your hand off.

We're competitive with everyone, we have a young squad with Rookies performing at Vet level already, loads of cap space and 4 picks in the top 100. Give Goff and extension and sign some corners.

Good luck and Go Niners in the SB you really need to do it in the next couple of years before $$$ becomes a problem.
(01-29-2024, 09:41 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 11:36 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Problem with Ravens, as far as I can tell, is they have no running game. They can't rely on Jackson's athleticism all the time - and then they end up making rash plays like those early in the Q4 when they just needed to get some points, even if only a FG. Mahomes proved his class though, at the end.

Lions to beat Niners now

They're literally the number 1 ranked rushing team in the league this year.

Chiefs smashed them early doors but then the Ravens defense kept them to 0 points in the second half. This Ravens loss is on the offense, the fumble by Flowers and the really poor interception by Jackson completely killed them.

On the fumble, I absolutely despise that rule. It teaches players not to try and score, because if they reach out and fumble it's way too prohibitive.

On the Lions, I fell asleep during the 2nd quarter but sounds like they couldn't quite get over the hump. Shame for them.

Stats can be a bit misleading though, can't they? I don't watch the Ravens much but saw zero evidence of a running game last night. I saw Lamarr skilfully evade Chiefs defence with his athleticism several times to earn a first down but how many times did he hand off to a RB? They rushed for about 80 yards last night. IMO, if your QB is your leading rusher 5 seasons on the trot, something ain't right. It places an awful lot of burden on him.
https://www.youtube.com/@NFL_GamePass

Fill your boots.
Got it all on my firestick
Tony pulis is a wanker