Preston
(04-04-2019, 06:43 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: It's Preston's annual Gentry Day.

Don't think they will have sold out yet though.

Will they be singing`Ode To Billy Joe` all game?
Will be a sell-out after our next two wins.
(04-04-2019, 07:45 AM)Beano Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 07:33 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Still have my Sneekes wig, Viking helmet, array of beach wear, Bananaman costume, etc., etc...

Bizarrely, only last weekend I took the suit that I wore for the QPR away day to the charity shop. I have
"cough" matured a little

So they accept returns Wink
Update

East Stand 1,453
Brummie Road 1,000
West Stand 282
Smethwick Sold Out

Remaining: 2,735
Thursday morning update:

East Stand 1,123
Brummie Road 798
West Stand 134
Smethwick Sold Out

Remaining: 2,055

I would expect a gate of around 25,000.
Confirmed on PNE os

Gentry Day is a complete sell out, with no further tickets available to Preston North End supporters, meaning over 2,700 Lilywhites fans will back the team at the Hawthorns this weekend.

What is Gentry Day?

North End Gentry day is a fan organised event and is in memory of any Preston North End follower or player who may have passed away in the last 12 months.

The Gentry term was first used by third division championship winning manager Alan Ball Snr in the early 1970s stating to the Press after a game that "Preston fans are the best, they're the gentry".

This inspired a number of PNE fans to don bowler hats and even pin stripe suits at Deepdale and especially amongst a loyal band of away supporters.
Gentry day?
(04-11-2019, 12:25 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Gentry day?

What is Gentry Day?

North End Gentry day is a fan organised event and is in memory of any Preston North End follower or player who may have passed away in the last 12 months.

The Gentry term was first used by third division championship winning manager Alan Ball Snr in the early 1970s stating to the Press after a game that "Preston fans are the best, they're the gentry".

This inspired a number of PNE fans to don bowler hats and even pin stripe suits at Deepdale and especially amongst a loyal band of away supporters.

http://www.gentryday.uk/
(04-11-2019, 06:57 AM)Atomic Wrote: Thursday morning update:

East Stand          1,123
Brummie Road    798
West Stand         134
Smethwick          Sold Out

Remaining:  2,055

I would expect a gate of around 25,000.

Considering the antics of the board that’s really good IMO
Matchday update:

East Stand 790
Brummie Road 561