Bolton
There’s a real chance of Bolton going into liquidation this week, in which case all their games this season would be expunged.  After our opening day home defeat, we’d be 3 points better off, as would Derby.  Preston and Bristol City would both be 2 points better off.
I dont know what there situation is but there will be a last minute offer/buyer to solve the problem .
Not quite right. We also won there, so we'd actually lose 3 points. However, the teams above us won home and away v Bolton, so we'd be 3 points better off relatively. Would make end of season very interesting.

That said, hope Bolton survive. No true football fan would want to see them fold.
Could this really happen, Surely someone will bail them out. They have more prestige than Portsmouth , Bournemouth or Wimbledon and they helped out,I personally can’t see it happening.
(03-17-2019, 01:10 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Not quite right. We also won there, so we'd actually lose 3 points. However, the teams above us won home and away v Bolton, so we'd be 3 points better off relatively. Would make end of season very interesting.

That said, hope Bolton survive. No true football fan would want to see them fold.

I said we’d be 3 points better off - I meant compared to those around us who would lose 6 points versus us losing 3 points.  Could be crucial.

The fact that it has got this far shows how big a problem it is. The debts are huge and no new buyer is going to take on those debts.  Buying cheaply from the Liquidator is a likely outcome.

It all goes back to Big Sam’s days. Huge debts built up under owner Eddie Davies who has since died.  It looks bleak for them.
It would put us right back in the auto race tbf.
We are clutching at straws now
Are Coventry also in serious trouble too?
This is genuinely serious for Bolton. If a takeover does not happen by midweek (and there are lots of big creditors for a buyer to do a deal with), then in order to go into administration (as opposed to liquidation) somebody needs to come up with around £20m by the middle of this week to pay off all of the secured creditors plus a minimum of 25% of unsecured creditors, as per EFL regulations. If not, then it’s liquidation and good night Vienna - immediately. The scale of the debts is eye-watering.
(03-17-2019, 11:26 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: This is genuinely serious for Bolton. If a takeover does not happen by midweek (and there are lots of big creditors for a buyer to do a deal with),  then in order to go into administration (as opposed to liquidation) somebody needs to come up with around £20m by the middle of this week to pay off all of the secured creditors plus a minimum of 25% of unsecured creditors, as per EFL regulations. If not, then it’s liquidation and good night Vienna - immediately. The scale of the debts is eye-watering.

Ironic choice of phrase. I was in the Lion of Vienna suite for our game. 

Be sad if they go (I wouldn’t have said that about Villa) but perhaps it needs a team to go to highlight the issues around the financial realities of relegation.