Bolton
There is a pub in Bolton, The Lion Of Vienna, and a train called that (or was on the West Coast).

Nat Lofthouse WAS the lion of Vienna (look it up, kids).

You have to be a certain age to understand, I suppose.

Still, football has always been about money since it went professional and historic clubs have gone bust.
(03-18-2019, 12:15 AM)hudds Wrote: There is a pub in Bolton, The Lion Of Vienna, and a train called that (or was on the West Coast).

Nat Lofthouse WAS the lion of Vienna (look it up, kids).

You have to be a certain age to understand, I suppose.

Still, football has always been about money since it went professional and historic clubs have gone bust.

I think you'll find many of us are familiar with the story, mon.
So Derby would be 3pts better off, Preston & Brizzle 2pts(?).. and The vile minus 3?.. Sorry Bolton fans, but bring it on.
(03-18-2019, 12:40 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: So Derby would be 3pts better off, Preston & Brizzle 2pts(?).. and The vile minus 3?.. Sorry Bolton fans, but bring it on.

Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield United, Boro and Villa would all lose 6 points. Preston and Bristol City would lose 4 points each, and we and Derby would lose 3 points each.
(03-18-2019, 12:52 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 12:40 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: So Derby would be 3pts better off, Preston & Brizzle 2pts(?).. and The vile minus 3?.. Sorry Bolton fans, but bring it on.

Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield United, Boro and Villa would all lose 6 points. Preston and Bristol City would lose 4 points each, and we and Derby would lose 3 points each.

Villa aint played bolton twice
Birmingham lost twice to them so would be 6 points better off - that will help them with their points deduction.
The more I read about this the more I think that it's a possibility. Their owner sounds like an utter shitcnut!!

I can't see who would take them on given the level of debt and pending relegation. With Sunderland you had the carrot of 40 odd thousand people a week coming through the doors to make a purchase more attractive. Bolton are in a proper mess and have been for 7 or 8 years now.

It's extremely sad for their supporters but sooner or later a club of this stature is going to go pop.
doesn't appear to be generating any local news....sources...?
(03-18-2019, 12:58 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Birmingham lost twice to them so would be 6 points better off - that will help them with their points deduction.

Sorry to be pedantic, mon, but no-one is better off should Bolton fold because anyone who earned points against them would lose those points. Some clearly lose more than others.
Seems there is some kind of brinkmanship game going on but there is a buyer lined up but they've got until Wednesday to agree the sale to buy more time.