Coincidence?
Good win today, difficult place to get a result. 
2 games since Moore went. 2 wins  2 clean sheets and a safe looking goalie. Coincidence?
No coincidence. It’s been helped by Johnston having two cracking games. However, think it’s down to a more pragmatic approach. I’m becoming more convinced we would be top two if we’d binned Moore earlier.
(03-16-2019, 10:09 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: No coincidence. It’s been helped by Johnston having two cracking games. However, think it’s down to a more pragmatic approach. I’m becoming more convinced we would be top two if we’d binned Moore earlier.

Or if the Moore/Shan setup had continued?
It helps that we are no longer gifting a goal to the opposition in each game by faffing about at the back.

Johnstone has looked far more assured since we've stopped the madness at the back, which is hardly surprising as that made me as nervous as anything too
(03-16-2019, 10:19 PM)oldun Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:09 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: No coincidence. It’s been helped by Johnston having two cracking games. However, think it’s down to a more pragmatic approach. I’m becoming more convinced we would be top two if we’d binned Moore earlier.

One can only wonder what might have been...

I don't need convincing. Him n Jones are the reason we ain't   end of. Football is simple really. Fannying around n giving goals away when there was no need  and asking players to do stuff we all knew they weren't capable/comfortable with.
We definitely look better when we go more direct. We always look like causing problems when we actually get spells of pressure in the opposition half and actually mix it up a bit.
(03-16-2019, 10:24 PM)baggie93 Wrote:

I don't need convincing. Him n Jones are the reason we ain't   end of. Football is simple really. Fannying around n giving goals away when there was no need  and asking players to do stuff we all knew they weren't capable/comfortable with.
Spot on. Also becoming clear that Shan must have had quite a big influence on the end of last season.
(03-16-2019, 10:19 PM)oldun Wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Yes to all this. Moore for me a man manager and a coach but will not make a manager. See "Brian Kidd" for details