Glastonbury 2019
Worst line-up they've ever had apart from The Cure and Kylie. I assume Kylie is Sunday lunchtime so will be perfect. Completely underwhelmed by the rest.

Edit: apologies to Lauren Hill, Idles, Sheryl Crowe and Chemical brothers. Hadn't spotted them.
(03-16-2019, 07:24 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Worst line-up they've ever had apart from The Cure and Kylie. I assume Kylie is Sunday lunchtime so will be perfect. Completely underwhelmed by the rest.

Edit: apologies to Lauren Hill, Idles, Sheryl Crowe and Chemical brothers. Hadn't spotted them.

Yup, Kylie is the Sunday teatime “legends” slot.
(03-16-2019, 07:43 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 07:24 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Worst line-up they've ever had apart from The Cure and Kylie. I assume Kylie is Sunday lunchtime so will be perfect. Completely underwhelmed by the rest.

Yup, Kylie is the Sunday teatime “legends” slot.

She will be superb.....as ever.
I thought it was the Radio 2 line-up for next weeks drive time apart from a few notable exceptions.
It's about 1/30th of the actual line up. As such, as happens every year, a bizarre approach to have too much of a view one way or another.

Kylie may well be the first time in my life I arrive a few hours early to get a good view.

Great to see Diplo back again. Definitely amongst the best in the world at throwing a party.
66 acts on main stages not announced yet.

Would be amazed if Foals not one of them and think they'll be the secret JP tent gig that The Killers did last time.
(03-16-2019, 10:14 AM)richbaggie Wrote: 66 acts on main stages not announced yet.

Would be amazed if Foals not one of them and think they'll be the secret JP tent gig that The Killers did last time.

Prodigy were meant to be headlining the Other one night, wouldn’t be a huge shock if they stepped in to take their place.
I like to watch Kylie, but have to turn the sound off - same as on the Radio. (I thought her music was for the under 10s).
(03-16-2019, 10:43 AM)CornishView Wrote: I like to watch Kylie, but have to turn the sound off - same as on the Radio. (I thought her music was for the under 10s).

Good shout. I'll take some ear muffs along.
The poster was definitely light on the more traditional “white boys with guitars” acts which might be a conscious decision by the festival to promote a degree of diversity in their lineup.

Would be shocked if at least some of Foals, Doves, Richard Ashcroft, The Vaccines, Catfish, Courtneeners, Parquet Courts, etc aren’t added at a later date.