Glastonbury 2019
Worst pyramid and Other Stage I can remember. But absolutely brilliant Park area, John Peel and Glade this year. Shows the strength of new and up and coming bands and dance scene. Cor wait!
(05-29-2019, 08:30 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Worst pyramid and Other Stage I can remember. But absolutely brilliant Park area, John Peel and Glade this year.  Shows the strength of new and up and coming bands and dance scene. Cor wait!

The undercard is strong but the headliners are pretty weak.

Tempted by Fatboy Slim in the Glade Friday night.
Just looking at the headliners. The Killers are great live but haven't released a good album since Sam's Town.
(05-29-2019, 09:28 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Just looking at the headliners. The Killers are great live but haven't released a good album since Sam's Town.

They’ve got enough singles to pad out a 90 minute set, not sure if I’ll see them or the Chemical Brothers to be honest.

Got a nice run of Kylie > Fontaines DC > Vampire Weekend > The Cure to finish the weekend though.
(05-29-2019, 09:44 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 09:28 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Just looking at the headliners. The Killers are great live but haven't released a good album since Sam's Town.

They’ve got enough singles to pad out a 90 minute set, not sure if I’ll see them or the Chemical Brothers to be honest.

Got a nice run of Kylie > Fontaines DC > Vampire Weekend > The Cure to finish the weekend though.

Fontaines playing at least 3 times. Leftfield, Williams Green and Rabbit Hole...the latter at 3am Monday morning!
(05-30-2019, 07:50 AM)richbaggie Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 09:44 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Fontaines playing at least 3 times. Leftfield, Williams Green and Rabbit Hole...the latter at 3am Monday morning!

I’m on a 4.30am coach so that’s almost certainly not happening! Idles are on at 11.30 on the Friday night in Shangri La, that will be heaving.
(03-15-2019, 09:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: As I’ve said, there is decent stuff on there, but nothing that leaps out and makes you go “wow!”

Barring clashes will most likely see The Cure, Killers, Vampire Weekend, The Streets, Liam G, Idles, Kylie, Chemical Bros, Sheryl Crow, Wu-Tang, Lauren Hill and Interpol.

Saw the Cure in New York in March and they were superb.
(05-30-2019, 01:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 09:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: As I’ve said, there is decent stuff on there, but nothing that leaps out and makes you go “wow!”

Barring clashes will most likely see The Cure, Killers, Vampire Weekend, The Streets, Liam G, Idles, Kylie, Chemical Bros, Sheryl Crow, Wu-Tang, Lauren Hill and Interpol.

Saw the Cure in New York in March and they were superb.

I’m very much looking forward to their set Athers, should be a good way to finish the weekend.
FAQ OFF Duffers

Is it regulation to drink out of Wellington?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48505370

Take a recyclable tent as well ypou hippy! And on that note, check yer plastics! Ypou better not kill any Whales!
Drinking out of a welly is purely at the discretion of the individual festival goer.

I’m travelling by coach this year so am keeping packing to an absolute minimum, so yes I will actually be travelling pretty green.

Besides, I prefer to drink out of a Doc Martins boot.