Hello from Istanbul / Ticket request against Birmingham city
Thumbs Up 
Hello from Istanbul, Turkey !

I just wandered into the website, and I wanted to try my luck. I can see that it's quite an active forum, so please forgive me if I'm writing something where I shouldn't be. 

I'm 33 years old, and will be travelling to the UK at the end of this month, and want to see the game against Birmingham City. I called the WBA ticketing office and exchanged a couple of mails, but unfortunately I wasn't successful in getting a ticket, since I had never been to the stadium before. I was even ready to buy a membership (even though it would have been for just one match), but that wasn't an option either. I'm posting my exchanges with the ticket office a couple of weeks ago.

So overall, I'll be in Birmingham on Friday afternoon, a couple of hours before the game. If anyone can provide me with a spare ticket (preferably from one of the more economic stands), I'd be extremely glad! I can even bring some souvenirs from Turkey Smile)

Thank you !

Selim

[Image: 9azYXk.jpg]

[Image: qd0Aq5.jpg]
I've messaged my Dad to see if he can help you out Selim.
(03-15-2019, 11:06 AM)selim_gs Wrote: Hello from Istanbul, Turkey !

I just wandered into the website, and I wanted to try my luck. I can see that it's quite an active forum, so please forgive me if I'm writing something where I shouldn't be. 

I'm 33 years old, and will be travelling to the UK at the end of this month, and want to see the game against Birmingham City. I called the WBA ticketing office and exchanged a couple of mails, but unfortunately I wasn't successful in getting a ticket, since I had never been to the stadium before. I was even ready to buy a membership (even though it would have been for just one match), but that wasn't an option either. I'm posting my exchanges with the ticket office a couple of weeks ago.

So overall, I'll be in Birmingham on Friday afternoon, a couple of hours before the game. If anyone can provide me with a spare ticket (preferably from one of the more economic stands), I'd be extremely glad! I can even bring some souvenirs from Turkey Smile)

Thank you !

Selim

Merhaba Selim

I was in Istanbul a few weeks ago, fabulous City.  I really enjoyed the driving experience!   Big Grin

I particularly wanted to attend a game too but because of the card restrictions this wasn't possible.   Who do you support? 

Whilst not as stringent as Istanbul,  there are some restrictions here hence why you have not been able to get a ticket from the club and tickets will not be on general sale at any time for this game. 

I would however like to help, so can you post another message on here when you have actually arrived in the UK/Birmingham on 29th March as I'm sure you can appreciate I don't want to get a ticket now if for some reason you can't make it - change of plans/flight delay/cancellation etc....

If you do make it we will take you to a notorious pub called the Vine, in West Bromwich which is the WBA ultras HQ - if you thought the Galatasaray ultras were bad you will not believe these Biffs/psychos - but you will be safe with us. 

Look forward to hearing from you on 29th March. 

Oh by the way you mentioned souvenirs - could you bring me one of these please?  

Cheers 
Athers

[Image: 8-Songul%20Oden.jpg]
Dexy's?
(03-15-2019, 11:06 AM)selim_gs Wrote: Hello from Istanbul, Turkey !

Thank you !

Selim

Good on you. Sounds like youve already got an offer of help. All the best with your trip, hope everyone makes you as welcome as possible.
Hello, thank you for all the replies!

Hopalong, I support Galatasaray and have been a season ticket holder since 1998, going to away matches as much as possible as well. It's true that the system changed in 2014 and now it's a bit more complicated, but it's manageable. There are many foreigners who attend the games, you can apply for "passolig" with your passport number, it shouldn't have been a big problem? I'll gladly help you the next time you're around!

Thank you very much for your interest! I'm arriving at Heathrow at 14:35 with Turkish Airlines flight TK1985, I'll pick up a rental car (have driven many times in the UK before) and head straight towards my hotel which I booked very close to both the stadium (and apparently to "the Vine"). So if everything goes to my plan, I hope to be there around 18.00-18.30 at the latest. Can you send me a PM with your phone number so I can text you before boarding the plane and after my arrival to the UK?

Regarding your souvenir request, I was thinking more of something edible like a box of Turkish delights, but I promise to do my best Smile
(03-15-2019, 10:34 PM)selim_gs Wrote: Hello, thank you for all the replies!

Hopalong, I support Galatasaray and have been a season ticket holder since 1998, going to away matches as much as possible as well. It's true that the system changed in 2014 and now it's a bit more complicated, but it's manageable. There are many foreigners who attend the games, you can apply for "passolig" with your passport number, it shouldn't have been a big problem? I'll gladly help you the next time you're around!

Thank you very much for your interest! I'm arriving at Heathrow at 14:35 with Turkish Airlines flight TK1985, I'll pick up a rental car (have driven many times in the UK before) and head straight towards my hotel which I booked very close to both the stadium (and apparently to "the Vine"). So if everything goes to my plan, I hope to be there around 18.00-18.30 at the latest. Can you send me a PM with your phone number so I can text you before boarding the plane and after my arrival to the UK?

Regarding your souvenir request, I was thinking more of something edible like a box of Turkish delights, but I promise to do my best Smile

When you park up at the the Park Inn, make sure you enter your rental car registration number on the keypad on reception.

The Sportsman is nearer than The Vine and better.
The hotel that I've booked is named "West Bromwich hotel and spa" but I checked its location (the one booking.com gave me) on google street maps and it shows the "Park Inn" so I believe they're the same hotel, or changed names quite recently?
Hello there, Hopalong I've sent you a PM have you received it?
(03-21-2019, 06:19 PM)selim_gs Wrote: Hello there, Hopalong I've sent you a PM have you received it?

Hi Selim, I'll check,  I'm sure I will have. 

We'll sort a ticket for you for the game.  I may not be there but my son will and he'll arrange to meet you. 

I will let you have a number.