Outfield players
A thought struck me at the match on Wednesday regarding hats. Since goalkeepers can wear caps and head protectors could outfield players also wear them or, maybe a beanie? 
How about a scarf since some get cold and wear gloves and tights? Others wear phantom of the opera face masks. 
What is the rule regarding headgear can someone enlighten me?
(03-15-2019, 09:33 AM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote: A thought struck me at the match on Wednesday regarding hats. Since goalkeepers can wear caps and head protectors could outfield players also wear them or, maybe a beanie? 
How about a scarf since some get cold and wear gloves and tights? Others wear phantom of the opera face masks. 

A top hat must be of sufficiently limited size not encroach the cross bar.
What about boxing gloves for goalies?
And compulsory straitjackets for outfielders - no more handball.
Some of our midfield would get warm if they ran around.
No idea, my browser has no access to the FA website which covers the laws of the game.

And if it did I probably couldn't be arsed to read what it says regarding player equipment either........

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gove...-equipment
didn't efe sodje wear some headgear while playing?
(03-15-2019, 09:33 AM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote: A thought struck me at the match on Wednesday regarding hats. Since goalkeepers can wear caps and head protectors could outfield players also wear them or, maybe a beanie? 

Keepers can wear caps, but not head protectors. The only reason Petr Cech can is that he was given special permission after his injury, when I believe they found his skull wasn't as thick as most peoples! (seriously!)

I think the rule for outfield players is no protective headwear allowed unless given permission for an injury (eg facemask after a bost cheek etc).

Edit: Scratch that, looks like some protection is allowed as long as its not a risk to other players looking at that link - not sure if they changed htis recently, but I know Cech had to get permission for his skull cap a few years ago.....