From the Swansea Forum
And of course, both sets of fans are worried. This is from a West Brom fans forum: 

They're not world beaters but I'm expecting Swansea to come here and play decent football with lots of movement off the ball, it's going to take one heck of a jump in performance to get anything from this game. 

But personally, I think we'll lose 1-0. We don't have much attacking capability and they should score at home. Happy to be proved wrong.

Reply further down the thread - 

Had to smile at the "lots of movement off the ball" comment as that is one thing we are desperately poor at and is the root cause of our ponderous and laboured build up play.

----------------------

Fuck me they should try watching us every week!
Let's be honest, every single Swansea fan would swap positions and performances with us, as would almost every team in the league
(03-14-2019, 09:35 PM)Sliced Wrote: Let's be honest, every single Swansea fan would swap positions and performances with us, as would almost every team in the league

Not disputing that.

Just laughing at the fact they think their play is slow and ponderous compared to ours. Unless they suddenly upped it last night?

Swings and roundabouts the way a fan sees their own team compared to others.
Amidst a lot of the assessment about last night focusing on them being unlucky not to have scored in the first half, havent seen many mention how bad their back line was. It looked like an absolute fucking shambles. One of the things that has frustrated me about us this season is our lack of ability to pins team back. We always look like scoring when we get enough bodies forward.
(03-14-2019, 09:43 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Amidst a lot of the assessment about last night focusing on them being unlucky not to have scored in the first half, havent seen many mention how bad their back line was. It looked like an absolute fucking shambles. One of the things that has frustrated me about us this season is our lack of ability to pins team back. We always look like scoring when we get enough bodies forward.

Said today at work, their defending of set pieces was awful. 
Although we looked a bit dodgy at times, we took advantage of their shit defending, which is pleasing.
(03-14-2019, 09:47 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:43 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Amidst a lot of the assessment about last night focusing on them being unlucky not to have scored in the first half, havent seen many mention how bad their back line was. It looked like an absolute fucking shambles. One of the things that has frustrated me about us this season is our lack of ability to pins team back. We always look like scoring when we get enough bodies forward.

Although we looked a bit dodgy at times, we took advantage of their shit defending, which is pleasing.

During a couple of the spells of head tennis at the end, they looked like a bunch of under 10's. Have to think our best chance of winning the play offs is to try and outgun teams over what would hopefully be 3 games.
(03-14-2019, 09:25 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: And of course, both sets of fans are worried. This is from a West Brom fans forum: 

They're not world beaters but I'm expecting Swansea to come here and play decent football with lots of movement off the ball, it's going to take one heck of a jump in performance to get anything from this game. 

But personally, I think we'll lose 1-0. We don't have much attacking capability and they should score at home. Happy to be proved wrong.

Had to smile at the "lots of movement off the ball" comment as that is one thing we are desperately poor at and is the root cause of our ponderous and laboured build up play.

----------------------

Strange comment from the Swansea supporter who clearly has no idea what he's watching.

Swansea do play decent football with lots of movement off the ball as demonstrated against against Sheffield United, Norwich and us.

They lost because of poor finishing, a cracking goalkeeping performance and because they defended like school kids.

It certainly wasn't due to a lack of movement off the ball.

I said to my Dad before Holgate's goal that the vast majority of our attacking bodies at that corner started in the 6 yard box which was unusual (I think!). Guessing it was planned and worked a treat
(03-15-2019, 10:16 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:25 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: And of course, both sets of fans are worried. This is from a West Brom fans forum: 

----------------------

Strange comment from the Swansea supporter who clearly has no idea what he's watching.

Swansea do play decent football with lots of movement off the ball as demonstrated against against Sheffield United, Norwich and us.

They lost because of poor finishing, a cracking goalkeeping performance and because they defended like school kids.

It certainly wasn't due to a lack of movement off the ball.

Don't know they're born that lot.  We get an adrenaline rush when someone runs to take a fugging corner
(03-15-2019, 01:25 PM)MattJ81 Wrote:

I said to my Dad before Holgate's goal that the vast majority of our attacking bodies at that corner started in the 6 yard box which was unusual (I think!).  Guessing it was planned and worked a treat
It was planned  Brunt gave a definite signal to them as he was about to take the corner  Following his signal most players went towards the goal. It was straight off the training ground Big Grin