It’s the all new, what’s better over the last 12 years?
(07-29-2022, 09:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Your name will be added to the Word Doc

Yu really do despise research and facts don't you?  You keep being given your opinions by Twatter and the Guardian headlines. It might hurt your brain to read more than a sentence or two.
(07-29-2022, 08:31 AM)Baggybenny Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 06:00 AM)JOK Wrote: Trigger Warning: Post involves Research and Facts. Some reading beyond headlines may be involved!

1, It isn’t falling ! you mustn’t believe every thing Corbyn, Labour and the Gruniad tell you. Even your own Left wing Beeb had to put them right.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48123323
 Here is an independent report for you to ignore.
“Several high income countries have seen a slowdown in longevity improvements since 2010.” 
“The decelerating rate of improvement in mortality from cardiovascular disease is a substantial contributor to the steady slowdown in longevity improvements. The underlying causes are unclear and could include changes in risk factors such as obesity and diabetes and the diminishing effects of primary and secondary prevention strategies… Adding to the complexities of interpreting changes in cause of death is the rising proportion of deaths attributed to dementia and Alzheimer’s disease (resulting partly from diagnostic and coding changes), many of which are associated with other conditions.

“the sharp fall in life expectancy in many European countries in 2015 (which was greater in France, Germany, and Italy than in the UK),” 

Austerity… doesn’t explain why similar mortality trends are seen elsewhere, and why the slowdown in, for example, Germany, Sweden, and the Netherlands – which experienced little austerity – has been greater than in Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland, where austerity was most severe
www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/stalling-life-expectancy-uk

2, Again, sarcasm to hide the ignoring of the answer to the o p.

1   so our life expectancy is going down  =  we are becoming a younger nation
2   Food banks proliferate  =  Free/cheaper food for some

Seems I was a little optimistic in expecting reports to be read and understood.

“Reality Check verdict: Life expectancy in Britain has not fallen by six months, according to the report cited by Labour. But improvements in life expectancy have stalled.”

That appears to support Mr Corbyn's claim that life expectancy had fallen by six months, but the people who produced the report stressed that much of the six-month fall had been due to a change in the way they worked it out, including giving more weight to what has been happening to life expectancy since 2011. ‘Stalling’ doesn’t mean falling!
It means the 2017 and 2018 figures are not strictly comparable.”

No comment on other European nations seeing the same stats?  I know Twatter and the Guardian don't mention it but ...

If we are becoming a “younger Nation” perhaps it’s due to the estimated (and probably underestimated) 1,500,000 illegal immigrants, mostly young males, lowering the average age.  

i.e. Becoming a "younger nation" doesn't equate to a falling mortality rate ! There are a couple of stats people on here ask them to explain.
How does your argument stake with the 50s and 60s when Britain's population average age fell but Age at death continued to rise?

(Do check out the rise in food banks in Germany! These things aren't the sole preserve of the Hades that is your vision of Britain you know)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/2812...of-the-uk/

"BeCoMiNg A yOuNgEr CoUnTrY"
OK, so what I proffered as being a Brexit benefit is proven to not even be that. 
Must take it off that long list of plusses
(08-02-2022, 10:38 PM)Baggybenny Wrote: OK, so what I proffered as being a Brexit benefit is proven to not even be that. 
Must take it off that long list of plusses

No, what it's proven is, what you "proffered" was the perpetuation of a falsehood. 

Now, back to the answer to the op, which on my lists is not better than was before?
Tell you what is better today, the standard of gymnastics...suspect it was a long time In the making.