My take on Moore
I think some would be surprised how little in credit he is with senior management at the club

The next few months could define a lot moving forward

Opening post spot on pal, I’m sure we’ll change shape on Saturday the acid test will be Brentford away

Cuzer
(03-03-2019, 10:55 AM)Statto Wrote: I still wonder how much of the belligerence is Moore and how much is Jones.

We had effective game plans, were hard to beat, broke with pace and had round pegs in round holes when it was Moore and Shan.

I’m still not 100% it wouldn’t have been better if Jones had taken the Luton job.

Agree with you pal. I was pleased when we got Jones in. I thought it would be a good counterweight to Darren's more defensive approach. 
It wouldn't be a problem of Luton still wanted Jones.
Agree Rich.
(03-03-2019, 10:26 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Spot on post. 

Beggars belief what Graeme Jones is actually doing - isn't he the experienced Assistant to guide him & stop him making the same mistakes? Personally wouldn't have been too sad to see him go to Luton

Shame Jenkins is back at the club, this is crying out for Sir Gary to come in and help steer Darren through this run on

I value Megson and appreciate what he's done, but surely him and Moore would be a complete clash of approach? Their man-management style appear to be at either end of the spectrum.
Good post Rich. 

What he inherited was a nightmare. He has united the whole club made some very good signings and we are still in the mix for automatic promotion or via the play-offs. 

We have the squad/players!  He just now needs to find a formula to sort our home form/games and another 2/3 away. 

Win the next two and we will probably have closed the gap. 

It can still be done. Keep the faith.

PS and he nearly kept us up!!
(03-03-2019, 09:28 AM)richbaggie Wrote: At the start of the season, I thought play offs would be a good return after the disaster and mess created by TP and AP. The squad is decent at this level but nowhere near as good as some pundits and Baggies make out. Losing Barnes was huge, MP injuries too. Pace gone.

Darren Moore took on an almighty mess. A split club with a poisonous centre.The job he has done to change that around and put us into a relatively strong position is one that deserves huge credit, certainly not the abuse I sadly heard on Friday night.

I always felt that giving him the job was a job too big for a novice but understood why we gave it him after the way he galvanised us. Once that decision was made, it was important to then to give him time, more than this season unless it was a disaster. And it clearly isn't disaster. So we should continue to support him to let him grow and learn. Hes one heck of a man manager. The players would run through brick walls for him. What he lacks at the moment he can learn. You cant learn what he already has. Its given to you at birth.

However, and this is key, he has to stop repeating mistakes. Novice or not, you can't continually repeat mistakes. Persevering with a plan when clearly flawed is poor management. We have flexibility in the squad to try different things. It's time for Darren to learn and adapt.

I agree with most of the post. Not sure about the repeating mistakes part.

Earlier in the season we had a run of poor results and performances that saw us take 1 point from 12 . Moore and his team changed things and we went on a run between the Leeds home and QPR away that saw us take around 2 points per game. That run has come to an end, but it would seem that Moore was prepared to change things when we were going through a poor run of results and performances.

Since then despite there being some obstacles to progress, some of which Rich mentioned. Results have been good up to the Sheff Utd game . So it is difficult to know exactly what are these repeated mistakes.

Like any other Albion there are things I find frustrating and there are genuine and justified concerns. 

The primary one being midfield, not sure we have the personnel available to get a consistently cohesive midfield. It's not something that Moore can do much about. It would be nice if Harper and Field were older with more experience. It would be nice if Barry and Hoolihan were younger and Morrison not so injury prone. But that's not what we have to work with.

Another concern is Rodriguez and Gayle. Good forwards in this division, but can they play together, Certainly since Barnes left and Phiilips has been injured, they have not been effective as a partnership. This is something that Moore can do something about, be interesting to see if he does.

Overall I would like to see him managing us next season . 

But at the end of the day whoever is manager next season, they will be very dependent on the recruitment department. B
Great post, but who would you have--now--instead?

I can only come up with one name; Darren Moore, 2018. Our situation is less dire now than when he took over; I'd fancy our chances of promotion this year as still much higher than stopping up last.
I think I'm singing off the same hymn sheet as richbaggie,but what Moore has got to learn is that to not be so rigid with the set up.During a game he needs to be more proactive and change the system to how the games going or even try to nullify the opposition.
Good OP Rich.

Looking at it today and looking at our issues I kind of wish that BD had plumped for a more experienced and slightly more pragmatic number 2.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure Jones has bought a lot of good to the table but I can't help thinking he's influenced BD a bit too much. I hope their relationship is one BD can challenge.

Like others have said I wouldn't mind us being more like the side that finished last season. A side that played with energy and mixed it up a bit.
(03-03-2019, 09:45 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I don't know if he is sticking to plans too long - sometimes they can take time and it is worth it when they come  to  fruition - and you can be discouraged and give up too soon when it's not going right. Then you just lurch from one plan to another. Not saying that's what's happening here - I just don't know and of course any plan requires fkexibility. 

This is a key part of management getting the balance right between sticking to your guns and being flexible to change when things clearly aren't working. As you say, you can't just change plan every time there's a setback it would be total chaos but on the other hand there's been loads of managers done for in the past by refusing to admit their way of doing things wasn't working and sticking with it to the bitter end.