My take on Moore
At the start of the season, I thought play offs would be a good return after the disaster and mess created by TP and AP. The squad is decent at this level but nowhere near as good as some pundits and Baggies make out. Losing Barnes was huge, MP injuries too. Pace gone.

Darren Moore took on an almighty mess. A split club with a poisonous centre.The job he has done to change that around and put us into a relatively strong position is one that deserves huge credit, certainly not the abuse I sadly heard on Friday night.

I always felt that giving him the job was a job too big for a novice but understood why we gave it him after the way he galvanised us. Once that decision was made, it was important to then to give him time, more than this season unless it was a disaster. And it clearly isn't disaster. So we should continue to support him to let him grow and learn. Hes one heck of a man manager. The players would run through brick walls for him. What he lacks at the moment he can learn. You cant learn what he already has. Its given to you at birth.

However, and this is key, he has to stop repeating mistakes. Novice or not, you can't continually repeat mistakes. Persevering with a plan when clearly flawed is poor management. We have flexibility in the squad to try different things. It's time for Darren to learn and adapt.
Spot on as always Rich.
Great synopsis.
Moore’s belligerence meant we persisted with the back 3 in that bad autumn run. Of course then there’s the poor form at home of late due to tactics and poor subs.
I really don’t think not going up would be bad.
So long as progress is made we should stick with him.
This whole issue though needs the one thing in short supply- patience.
I don't know if he is sticking to plans too long - sometimes they can take time and it is worth it when they come  to  fruition - and you can be discouraged and give up too soon when it's not going right. Then you just lurch from one plan to another. Not saying that's what's happening here - I just don't know and of course any plan requires fkexibility. 

Definitely agree with all the rest re what he has achieved and the over playing of the squad, particularly when it comes to having the strongest first eleven that  functions as a team. And I think to a degree some  of the players have let DM down - he will of course pick them after a couple of good results and performances and then inexplicably they don't turn up for the next couple of games. It must drive him more mad than us - but he is good at not criticising them to the media - which I think gets mistaken as him being too nice.
(03-03-2019, 09:28 AM)richbaggie Wrote: At the start of the season, I thought play offs would be a good return after the disaster and mess created by TP and AP. The squad is decent at this level but nowhere near as good as some pundits and Baggies make out. Losing Barnes was huge, MP injuries too. Pace gone.

Darren Moore took on an almighty mess. A split club with a poisonous centre.The job he has done to change that around and put us into a relatively strong position is one that deserves huge credit, certainly not the abuse I sadly heard on Friday night.

I always felt that giving him the job was a job too big for a novice but understood why we gave it him after the way he galvanised us. Once that decision was made, it was important to then to give him time, more than this season unless it was a disaster. And it clearly isn't disaster. So we should continue to support him to let him grow and learn. Hes one heck of a man manager. The players would run through brick walls for him. What he lacks at the moment he can learn. You cant learn what he already has. Its given to you at birth.

However, and this is key, he has to stop repeating mistakes. Novice or not, you can't continually repeat mistakes. Persevering with a plan when clearly flawed is poor management. We have flexibility in the squad to try different things. It's time for Darren to learn and adapt.

Good post.
I watched the Leeds game in my local, in a back room with no sound because it clashed with something else.
What was interesting was the body language and expressions coming from him in shot during the game, and post match. I couldn't help but feel he looked like a bloke that has used up all his best shots already by playing to his strengths, and was struggling to find the next level which may ultimately be beyond him ( and Jones) - the pressure on his face said a lot to me.
Barnes gone, tactical and selection criticisms, free flowing goalscoring football tailed off, and a more intolerant fanbase is a reality. 
I hope he stays in the post until next season. I think he is a proud man though. 
The words "mutual consent" spring to mind this summer. Hope i am wrong.
Hi Rich, great to see you posting again, nobody is going to disagree with anything - the only thing I would like to add is who else within the clubs management team is sharing the burden? it looks like Darren is personally responsible for everything. Where are Jenkins - Lai - Pi - Dowling - etc
(03-03-2019, 09:28 AM)richbaggie Wrote: At the start of the season, I thought play offs would be a good return after the disaster and mess created by TP and AP. The squad is decent at this level but nowhere near as good as some pundits and Baggies make out. Losing Barnes was huge, MP injuries too. Pace gone.

Cracking post. You're absolutely spot on.
Clarnet v2.0
Spot on Rich.
Spot on post. 

Beggars belief what Graeme Jones is actually doing - isn't he the experienced Assistant to guide him & stop him making the same mistakes? Personally wouldn't have been too sad to see him go to Luton

Shame Jenkins is back at the club, this is crying out for Sir Gary to come in and help steer Darren through this run on
Great post Richie pity some posters have to put a negative on it by mentioning both Jenkins who had the foresight to make Moore head coach and Jones who was Darren’s choice and I believe has helped take a side to a World Cup final. Some of you can’t just get behind the team you have to make it sound like we are in crisis we are still fourth.