The ideal manager
Uncle Roy. Honourable mentions to Ossie and Ray Harford.
My ideal Sunday, get up about 9.00, have a nice continental breakfast, nice walk with the family, perhaps play a bit of sport, meet up at at nice country pub with family and friends for a pub lunch then back home, sit down to a mindless murder mystery in the evening.
Too young for Atkinson first time round (only by a few years), Ossie was fun but it was chaotic at times and he hardly went onto become a top boss, SGM is a hero but could start fight with himself.

So Roy. Mid table finishes, no drama. Still took stick from the seats around me b4 he was nicked away but in hindsight that looks utterly ridiculous.

The ideal manager also had the ideal DOF alongside him though. Losing either would have been damaging, losing both ripped the heart out of the club.

If you were to ask me which would be more important I'd say getting the right DOF but it's looks like they don't actually come much better than DA.
I loved Darren Moore, not so much for the football, more for the man he is and what he did in terms of bringing the club together. It was so nice to have some one at the club that I felt I could truly respect.

Should have had more time in my opinion. I think we would have beaten Villa with him in charge and probably gone up.
Le Roi, without a doubt. Maoberry for his unashamed principles, and Bilic for those magic 20 games. Ossie too.
Roy with Di Matteo's fitness staff and a bit more impetus to get up the pitch in some games a la under Clarke in 2012
(01-28-2022, 10:42 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: I loved Darren Moore, not so much for the football, more for the man he is and what he did in terms of bringing the club together. It was so nice to have some one at the club that I felt I could truly respect.

Should have had more time in my opinion. I think we would have beaten Villa with him in charge and probably gone up.

If only he'd had Shan instead of Jones... Could've built a real legacy.
(01-28-2022, 10:50 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:42 AM)BobĀ Fossil Wrote: I loved Darren Moore, not so much for the football, more for the man he is and what he did in terms of bringing the club together. It was so nice to have some one at the club that I felt I could truly respect.

If only he'd had Shan instead of Jones... Could've built a real legacy.

Totally agree.

Jones was just an awful choice as assistant for him.
We need a mixture of Billic for his ability to sport where tactical changes were needed, Mowbray for his style of football, Big Dave for his motivation and Sly old Woy for his experience......combine this with another Dashworth and we would be fine!
Vic Buckingham.