Longest ever unbeaten start to season (home games)
We'd have been better losing one or two and winning more.
(01-24-2022, 04:53 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: Officially confirmed

Ismael out! Rolleyes

Yes, but 6 away defeats is unacceptable.  

I want to see us go unbeaten now til the end of the season, that should be the goal.
(01-25-2022, 10:14 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 04:53 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: Officially confirmed

Ismael out! Rolleyes

Yes, but 6 away defeats is unacceptable.  

I want to see us go unbeaten now til the end of the season, that should be the goal.

Only Fulham have lost fewer games than us so far this season. Our problem really is having had too many draws.
(01-25-2022, 10:42 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 10:22 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Mowbray has developed into an excellent manager. Isn't completely obsessed with his principles now and deserves another crack in the Premier League.

I wasn't too fussed when he went, though I will always remember the great Chamionship season and FA Cup run with him.

Benefiting massively from being given time to build a team at Blackburn. If we can learn anything from Blackburn's current good run, it's that.

Not sure I’d say he’s “built” a team… they’ve had a few kids come into the side that have surpassed expectations and since his Chile call Brereton-Dias has become unplayable.

They’ve spent a lot of money since getting back into the Champ with the Venky’s constantly writing multi-million pound cheques.

If anything I’d say Mogga’a done well to hold onto his job as long as he has, and has got a bit lucky this year.
(01-25-2022, 11:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 10:42 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 10:22 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Mowbray has developed into an excellent manager. Isn't completely obsessed with his principles now and deserves another crack in the Premier League.

I wasn't too fussed when he went, though I will always remember the great Chamionship season and FA Cup run with him.

Benefiting massively from being given time to build a team at Blackburn. If we can learn anything from Blackburn's current good run, it's that.

Not sure I’d say he’s “built” a team… they’ve had a few kids come into the side that have surpassed expectations and since his Chile call Brereton-Dias has become unplayable.

They’ve spent a lot of money since getting back into the Champ with the Venky’s constantly writing multi-million pound cheques.

If anything I’d say Mogga’a done well to hold onto his job as long as he has, and has got a bit lucky this year.

Eh? Last five seasons including this: Blackburn's transfer spend: £1m, £1.6m £5.8m £9.2m £1.5m total spend in 5 seasons = under £20m

They may have spent on loans, but pretty much ever Champ club does that... In the same period they've received about £19.5m from player sales.
(01-25-2022, 09:20 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: We'd have been better losing one or two and winning more.

Imagine the uproar if we'd have lost a couple of home games as well  Big Grin
(01-26-2022, 08:43 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 09:20 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: We'd have been better losing one or two and winning more.

Imagine the uproar if we'd have lost a couple of home games as well  Big Grin

I can picture it now...
The facts are we haven't been seeing many goals. We can talk all we like about playing nice football but goals are the excitement. Goals win games. And winning games gets promotion and we all want promotion.

We aint seeing many goals and we are not winning many games so we think we aren't going to get promotion..... so we moan.