Real Actual Austerity
After the laughable claims by the Fed, BoE and ECB about "transient" inflation, coupled with the government's tax rises and seemingly baked-in fiscal drag it seems we're going to get a dose of actual proper austerity rather than the austerity-lite stuff you've all been complaining about for years.

Buckle up. It's going to be a horribly rough ride.
Well the govt have killed off as many as they could in the care homes and now with staffing shortages double what they were before Covid, I should think thousands more will die off early and save local authorities, govt and tax payer a fortune in care home fees. Maybe they've factored this into budgets already though!
(01-19-2022, 10:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote: After the laughable claims by the Fed, BoE and ECB about "transient" inflation, coupled with the government's tax rises and seemingly baked-in fiscal drag it seems we're going to get a dose of actual proper austerity rather than the austerity-lite stuff you've all been complaining about for years.

Buckle up. It's going to be a horribly rough ride.

I wonder if the worst government in living memory that you helped put in office will make sure they target the poorest and most vulnerable first with their cuts to services, well what’s left of them.
Remember all the bullshit about how much this government cares about vulnerable abs disadvantaged  children… here’s Ben Kentish from LBC…

“I was told by Tory MPs, at the height of the Rashford row, that members of the govt were threatening to withhold money from schools in their (deprived) constituencies if they voted to extend free school meals. These practices aren’t new but Will Wragg has shone a light on them.”