Unpopular opinion
(02-24-2019, 10:17 AM)Cuzer Wrote: As I’ve said all along he’s the only striker with the ability to genuinely play back to goal

For that reason alone he should be in the squad every week if fit, every side needs this option, no more so than in the Championship

Nothing stuck last night, nothing at all

Cuzer
Totally agree , we needed a big lump up front to give us another option , look at Sheff yesterday when Madine came on with him flicking nothing balls on .As said no one else can play with his back to goal other than HRK .
Thought it for some time.

Ignore results we tend to play better with him in the side.

Biggest example of this was Brentford at home, first half we were very good, perhaps the best we have been all season, second half we were below par. It's perhaps too easy to say that the difference was Kanu going off injured at half time, but blimey it does seem to be the case.
(02-24-2019, 10:17 AM)Cuzer Wrote: As I’ve said all along he’s the only striker with the ability to genuinely play back to goal

For that reason alone he should be in the squad every week if fit, every side needs this option, no more so than in the Championship

Nothing stuck last night, nothing at all

Cuzer

Spot on complely cuzer. Yes he is limited and does not score enough in relation to Gayle & Jrod but he holds the ball up never stands still puts himself about(loves a physical challange that lad) links play and btings other into it but more importantly imho he creates valuable space for Jrod & Gayle(who look different players when HRK plays) as he always seems to drag 2 or 3 defenders to him.
(02-24-2019, 10:35 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Thought it for some time.

Ignore results we tend to play better with him in the side.

Biggest example of this was Brentford at home, first half we were very good, perhaps the best we have been all season, second half we were below par. It's perhaps too easy to say that the difference was Kanu going off injured at half time, but blimey it does seem to be the case.

Correct.
I said pre season that we lacked a ‘big man’ option.

Stoke started off ok yesterday but as soon as Vokes went off injured they fell apart as nothing stuck.

Also, we miss an aerial threat for the likes of Boro who camp in the 18 yard box.
Correct, Dumbo.
(02-24-2019, 09:10 AM)Dumbo Wrote: We are a better team when HRK is in the starting line up.

I wouldn't say we're a better team but we certainly hold the ball up better with him in the team.
Just stop this Pissing about at the  back.