Verat Muriqi
(01-14-2022, 09:00 AM)Peachy Wrote: Some dodgy turkish site reckons he's flown to the uk to sign for us. I honestly think we do need another number 9 to push Dike and to cover injuries etc but I just can't see it being someone of Murqi's calibre. Happy to be proved wrong mind!

We need at least TWO strikers, Dike could get injured first game of Feb and be out for the season. 

I remember when we had 5 top quality strikers - Pete, Lukaku, Long, Rosenberg and MAF - whatever happened for us to be in such a pitiful situation.  Rolleyes

(01-15-2022, 01:43 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 09:00 AM)Peachy Wrote: Some dodgy turkish site reckons he's flown to the uk to sign for us. I honestly think we do need another number 9 to push Dike and to cover injuries etc but I just can't see it being someone of Murqi's calibre. Happy to be proved wrong mind!

We need at least TWO strikers, Dike could get injured first game of Feb and be out for the season. 

I remember when we had 5 top quality strikers - Pete, Lukaku, Long, Rosenberg and MAF - whatever happened for us to be in such a pitiful situation.  Rolleyes

We got relegated and ran out of money.
We sold a potential 40m pound asset for 4.25 million per year for 4 years
(01-15-2022, 01:57 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:43 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

We got relegated and ran out of money.

We got relegated 6 years later. 

It's more we squandered the money than ran out, Burke, Diang and Grant to name but three. 

It's an absolute dereliction of duty that until we signed Dike we didn't have one experienced striker on the books that we actually owned.