QPR saturday.
(01-09-2022, 03:41 PM)Supamart Wrote: How easy is QPR to get to via train / underground?

Asking for a friend…..

Euston Square (Euston)/Baker Street (Marylebone) to Wood Lane on the Circle Line. Short walk thereafter.
Hate the ground though. Crap to get in and out and awful views for much of the upper tier and usually expensive. The Met are usually a pain as well. But that's probably got a lot to do with Blues reputation tbf
(01-09-2022, 04:16 PM)KRO Wrote: Hate the ground though. Crap to get in and out and awful views for much of the upper tier and usually expensive. The Met are usually a pain as well. But that's probably got a lot to do with Blues reputation tbf

Always enjoyed it personally. Easy to get to. Atmospheric old school ground, close to the pitch.
(01-09-2022, 04:27 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:16 PM)KRO Wrote: Hate the ground though. Crap to get in and out and awful views for much of the upper tier and usually expensive. The Met are usually a pain as well. But that's probably got a lot to do with Blues reputation tbf

Always enjoyed it personally. Easy to get to. Atmospheric old school ground, close to the pitch.

Getting to and from Loftus Road isn’t too bad, but the boozers weren’t overly friendly locally last time I went, but didn’t really look up where the away fans drink near the ground so that’s on me. The tube back to the centre is a slog when you’re bursting for a slash too.

Ground may be old school, but it’s usually ridiculously overpriced, has terrible views and if you’re taller than 5’9 you cut your knees and shins on the seat in front!
KRO Wrote:Hate the ground though. Crap to get in and out and awful views for much of the upper tier and usually expensive. The Met are usually a pain as well. But that's probably got a lot to do with Blues reputation tbf

All true, I'd hate it to be our ground. But despite the crap view, I like the atmosphere and the feel of the old place.
Tom Joad Wrote:Back to the real business. We go back and forth on here daily and I reckon we all can see the points raised by the Val out brigade. I'd say no one on here would say all is well on the pitch and the rigid tactics and predictable subs drive everyone mad. But the thing is this. The club gave Val a 4 year contract and we have no football director in place to assist in finding any Odemwingies and Mulumbus. They have decided this is the way we are going and even tried to do it without spending any money. I'm hoping this is rectified, starting with  the acquisition of Dike.
Now the real point of this post. Barring total disaster, and surely no one wants that, we ain't going to change horses midstream. So Val it is then and we should back the team all the way- for our own benefit. We got our tickets for QPR and then this week we needed another. Top tier is sold out but there are quite a few left on the lower deck. So who is up for a day out in West London? It's always a top away day and a small ground with a great atmosphere. Get behind the lads.
 Come on you Baggies.

How many tickets left ?
Very disappointing if we don't sell out this one, it's usually a fans favourite trip. Add it Dike's likely debut.
Many other clubs seem to have virtually sold out the two tiers even for non Saturday games there.

MrFizz Wrote:
EastMidsBaggie Wrote:Already got mine and looking forward to Dike playing. However, we really are pinning our hopes for the rest of the season on him as we haven't got much else going for us offensively at the moment with the lack of tactical awareness not helping.

Any news on a few more much needed recruitments ?

I think its a situation of 'one in, one out' for the rest of this window. If SJ goes, and maybe Snodders we may see another new face.

If SJ goes we really will need another keeper in (see thread re Button) so it will be disappointing if we cannot get a central or attacking midfielder in.
Upper deck was sold out and much of the centre downstairs. I'd urge anyone to go for it, one of the best away trips.
(01-09-2022, 04:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Getting to and from Loftus Road isn’t too bad, but the boozers weren’t overly friendly locally last time I went, but didn’t really look up where the away fans drink near the ground so that’s on me. The tube back to the centre is a slog when you’re bursting for a slash too.

Ground may be old school, but it’s usually ridiculously overpriced, has terrible views and if you’re taller than 5’9 you cut your knees and shins on the seat in front!
Just got my tickets and taking the lad for his first away day ever. At 15 it’s time.
Sounds like it makes the Halfords seem like club class with BA. 
That could be uncomfortable for me, and my lad especially at 6 3.
(01-09-2022, 11:01 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Just got my tickets and taking the lad for his first away day ever. At 15 it’s time.
Sounds like it makes the Halfords seem like club class with BA. 
That could be uncomfortable for me, and my lad especially at 6 3.

Don't worry. You'll be standing 99% of the time anyway. Big Grin
Enjoy your day. Your lad is more than ready