First post in a while….
I want VI gone. 

Sh** to watch.
Create very little (don’t give me that expected goals stat!).
Formation doesn’t suit what we have in squad.
Points tally is way off what it should be. 
We’re one dimensional. 
Crowds dropping - yes covid to blame for some but others are voting with feet. 
Home crowd more disillusioned than in a long time. 
Away crowd (which I love!) is turning.
Discipline gone to pot! Starts with the manager and he was a disgrace yesterday. 

25 games in and it’s been horrific this season. 

I don’t know what the answer is, that’s not my job, but I’ve had enough of VI. 

Up the baggies!
Good to see you positive as ever Ronnie! :-)

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-03-2022, 03:57 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Good to see you positive as ever Ronnie! :-)

Cuzer

Finding this season hard to stomach. At least with Pulis for the first 2 years you knew what we were about and we were competitive and combative. 

This is a shower of sh** 

People who know me, know that I desperately didn’t want VI.  I knew what was coming in terms of style. 

I will always accept a managers style even if it’s not pleasant on the eye if it’s winning football or indeed in the premier league, competitive as the gulf is huge. 

We’re in the championship and we’re not competitive.  We’re not to quote VI “horrible to play against”.  We’re easily sussed out.
Normally with you Ronnie.

Not so much this one, though I have concerns.

Don't think it was possible to have a fan base not edgy at the moment. My Fulham supporting mate is saying how horrendous their fans are at the moment too, every goal conceded is a disaster, every loss or draw a reason to sack the manager. Just seems the way of everyone at the moment. I've seen man City fans calling for Pep to go....

I've said before, Vals basic principles I agree with heavily, my criticism will be that his lowered these to try to get us better in possession, but in doing so has weakened what he wanted us to do. This is partly borne from us having a squad totally ill-suited to his style, which begs the question, without a massive rebuild, why hire him?
(01-03-2022, 04:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Normally with you Ronnie.

Not so much this one, though I have concerns.

Don't think it was possible to have a fan base not edgy at the moment. My Fulham supporting mate is saying how horrendous their fans are at the moment too, every goal conceded is a disaster, every loss or draw a reason to sack the manager. Just seems the way of everyone at the moment. I've seen man City fans calling for Pep to go....

I've said before, Vals basic principles I agree with heavily, my criticism will be that his lowered these to try to get us better in possession, but in doing so has weakened what he wanted us to do. This is partly borne from us having a squad totally ill-suited to his style, which begs the question, without a massive rebuild, why hire him?

All fair enough. Why hire him indeed.  I wonder if he’ll make 50 games as head coach/manager for only the second (?) time in his career?
I think he will, mostly because of his long contract, and the cost of bringing him in the first place. I'm hoping adding the focal point striker we clearly needed will help a lot, because it needs to. O'Shea back soon will also help, I have explained why he's so important now before.

I don't think he'll ever have full fan backing, and he'll always be one bad run from the fans turning, but I remember our fans moaning relentlessly about Roy too....
(01-03-2022, 04:10 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I think he will, mostly because of his long contract, and the cost of bringing him in the first place. I'm hoping adding the focal point striker we clearly needed will help a lot, because it needs to. O'Shea back soon will also help, I have explained why he's so important now before.

I don't think he'll ever have full fan backing, and he'll always be one bad run from the fans turning, but I remember our fans moaning relentlessly about Roy too....

Never moaned about Roy, ever.  He was a joy.  Functional football yes but with a clear purpose and you could see the players were ‘ on strings ‘.   If Val showed that type of leadership I’d have no issue.  We seem all over the place and only really turn up for 20-25min in games.
Not you personally Ronnie, as said, usually our opinions match up pretty well.

The lack of discipline is a definite concern, but then, I think that's frustration boiling over. For what it's worth, other than Wilder, I don't think any possible manager touted in the summer would have actually have us doing better. This squad has severe limitations, pretty crippling ones in fact.
I wonder if our premier league days are behind us now for another generation - especially with this owner at the helm. He is a fucking idiot. He could have invested in a just a few more decent players in the summer, we would have gone up without fuss and when the World Cup comes along and with Covid behind us - as a VIP guest undoubtedly could have flogged us at a decent price as a premier league team. Maybe a miracle will happen next season and our manager will have more of his own players at his disposal and from somewhere somehow show us he is a talent after all. I just feel the odds are against us as we've been in a bit of a downward spiral over the past 4 years from loss of quality young players (due to the robbery of the system), bad buys with little money we do have to spend and lack of interest of this owner. Happy New Year anyway!
I can’t be bothered with some fans negativity, agreed some don’t like his style but in a lot of cases it’s those same fans who loved us at the start of the season, we have to give Ismael a chance to show how is style works once he has all the correct players he wants in the right positions. This will not be until at least after next Summer’s transfer window. I think Dyke will be a big asset into how Ismael wants to play up front.agreed we need a creative spark in midfield things will also improve once O’Shea is back.