Lai here
(12-15-2021, 08:42 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Nice publicity stunt for him. No coincidence that he makes his first appearance in 3 years after the recent Lai Out/Sack the board chants

I’d be absolutely staggered if he knew about those chants.
I'm chuffed he's back.

Putting the Christmas tree up at the weekend and had nothing to top it.
(12-15-2021, 09:14 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:42 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Nice publicity stunt for him. No coincidence that he makes his first appearance in 3 years after the recent Lai Out/Sack the board chants

I’d be absolutely staggered if he knew about those chants.

I'd be staggered if he didn't
He's come to see the new manager who keeps us challenging for promotion, who sells players and doesn't sign anyone. He's a magician Lai not Val. He arrived with one suitcase and left with three. Merry Xmas.
He’s come to let Val know what he can expect in the market in January.

Reports coming out of the club suggest 6 is impressed he has already arranged a stall on Wednesdays and Fridays for him.
I wonder what on earth has inspired this new-found interest, strange how he's turned up at the most difficult possible time when we haven't seen or heard from him for years
(12-15-2021, 10:10 PM)TartanRug Wrote: I wonder what on earth has inspired this new-found interest, strange how he's turned up at the most difficult possible time when we haven't seen or heard from him for years

My thoughts exactly. He's sacrificed a month of his time basically.. just to come and say hi to Val? Curious indeed.
(12-15-2021, 03:58 PM)sideboardbilly Wrote: Back at the training ground today and met Val.
First time for 3 years.

Well almost two years have been lost with Covid...we don't know what's been going on so I personally wouldn't criticise the guy, he's only a consultant anyway.  

Yunyi Investments bought us in good faith,  paying a king's ransom to that roland rascal biff.  Not cunning but certainly inscrutable.

(12-15-2021, 07:49 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 07:25 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Lai said he would run the club as a self sufficient business rather than a rich man’s play thing. He’s done just that. He hasn’t broken any promises in all the time he’s been at the club.

If his desire to sell the club can only be achieved if we win promotion then I imagine he will be thinking how he can perhaps push us over the line this season.
This is true. Just as Peace did.
The difference is huge. Peace was hands on and made decisions.
Lai does nothing. He's entitled to not invest. But the lack of interest is what's failed our club.

I would wager there is almost daily contact with his appointed Board members,  in respect of a £200m investment.

(12-15-2021, 06:52 PM)MassDebater Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...ion-visit/

That photo looks like Six has took his tiny son to work!

Sizest red flag!  Big Grin

He's considerably richer than yow and hung like Ron Jeremy, allegedly
(12-15-2021, 07:31 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 06:22 PM)SophLad Wrote: Many at thing, said in jest https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/02/plans-unv...-15196860/

Is this on the King's Cinema site? Didn't the club own this?

I didn’t even know the Kings Cinema was gone. Saw my first x rated film there, the original Mad Max with Mel Gibson, back in 81. 
I was 15 and knew it was worth travelling to West Brom for as in my school in Bearwood it was well known that to get in underage The Kings was the place.
He's gone to great lengths to get here, according to Massi.

Joseph Masi
@JosephMasi_Star
Lai gone to staggering lengths to return. He quarantined here for 10 days. When he returns to China he'll quarantine for 14 days in a hotel, 7 days at home without going out & then for 7 days he'll have to post negative tests daily. Effectively a 38 day quarantine period... #wba