Downing Street Party
Proth was probably there knocking on the door, as he does.
Some are deliberately missing the point, and some wouldn't know where the point was on this thread. As Hudds said taken as a one off incident it would be send out a very poor message, but this isn't a one off is it? We have a conveyor belt of dubious decisions, arrogance, lies, misdirections, incompetence, a lack of integrity, passing the blame onto others etc. This is even before you scrutinise the actual policies they are pursuing.

This is just another example of a government who don't seem to think any rules apply to them. We are barely a month on from them trying to change the rules so that they could let their fellow MP off. They are allegedly considering stopping judges from upholding / interpreting the law when it comes to government decisions, with the cabinet allowed to ignore, throw out any rulings that they come to that they don't agree with.

Some posters and political activists with a capital P are so jaundiced / cynical that they are comfortable with this behaviour, where a complete lack of integrity is seen as normal and ok. It isn't it erodes trust in politics as a whole, it makes trying to do the right thing ever more difficult, it makes things like lying / bending the truth ' misdirection on a scale hitherto not seen before normal, in short it damages our democracy. I don't expect anyone to be a saint, I'm certainly not, but if you seek power then surely you are their to try and make things better for your constituents and country? You are also held surely to a higher standard of behaviour? You cannot do this if you lose the trust of people, and be seen to be defending the indefensible numerous times. You are not setting an example to justify your position to lead the country.
(12-08-2021, 10:33 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:06 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Where are Proth and SOTV when you need them?

If you're more angry about this than the tax increases, the damage to our kids education, the 'protection' of our useless health service, an insane drugs policy and de facto open borders on our southern flank I wonder what your priorities actually are?

As it happens we buried my mother during the first Lockdown with only 10 of us allowed at the service. Maybe I'm alone in not being able to muster much anger, frustration and bewilderment about the nocturnal activities of a few chinless SPADs compared with the issues noted above - which actually matter.

... you have fallen into line with the party line on ... ... you really have become subservient to the powers that be and defend them at all costs...

Good grief. You think I've been defending the Tories "at all costs" for the last year?  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm actually past caring for much else aside from my family Pal.
They’re diverting from their lies about the party by announcing something that they previously ruled out, which has no scientific basis. Got to loff. But totally expected.
(12-08-2021, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote: As far as I understand Kratos, it's not even MPs. It's SPADs, civil servants and a few journos. If this is really what upsets folk, then maybe they should pay more attention to all the other shit going on.

I understand and agree with your argument that there are bigger priorities. 

But the bottom line is that we need a Govt with Integrity first and foremost and clearly we don't  have one.

And it is concerning how many people don't seem to think this is important. 

If the Govt can't even attain the basic standards of integrity, honesty and competence what chance does it have with tackling those priorities of which you speak.
(12-08-2021, 07:01 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: It's not good, nor is it acceptable, but let's be honest, millions of people broke the rules and had house parties over Christmas, when they shouldn't have.

Imagine trying to defend this shit.
(12-08-2021, 12:05 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:01 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: It's not good, nor is it acceptable, but let's be honest, millions of people broke the rules and had house parties over Christmas, when they shouldn't have.

Imagine trying to defend this shit.

Quite... embarrassing
(12-08-2021, 12:03 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote: As far as I understand Kratos, it's not even MPs. It's SPADs, civil servants and a few journos. If this is really what upsets folk, then maybe they should pay more attention to all the other shit going on.

But the bottom line is that we need a Govt with Integrity first and foremost and clearly we don't  have one.

If the Govt can't even attain the basic standards of integrity, honesty and competence what chance does it have with tackling those priorities of which you speak.

That's the point Shabbs. A fucking private party does not prove a government lacks integrity - their actions IN PUBLIC have demonstrated that week after week through this entire sorry saga.
(12-08-2021, 12:09 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

That's the point Shabbs. A fucking private party does not prove a government lacks integrity - their actions IN PUBLIC have demonstrated that week after week through this entire sorry saga.

This is desperate, you can't separate the integrity of the government and those it employs from the policies it makes. As Baggy1 said this isn't an either or debate if the leader and his government ministers lack integrity then how can we expect to trust them with running the country, keeping people safe, make fair decisions?
(12-08-2021, 12:09 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

The private party was in breach of law so was not "private".  Then they lied about it.  And will keep lying.  Only connect....