Downing Street Party
(12-08-2021, 07:01 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: It's not good, nor is it acceptable, but let's be honest, millions of people broke the rules and had house parties over Christmas, when they shouldn't have.

And plenty got fined for it.

THEY MADE THE GOD DAMN FUCKING RULES.

Why are Brits so desperate to be ruled that they brush off abuses of power?
Birdman1811 Wrote:
KratosBaggie Wrote:It's not good, nor is it acceptable, but let's be honest, millions of people broke the rules and had house parties over Christmas, when they shouldn't have.

And plenty got fined for it.

THEY MADE THE GOD DAMN FUCKING RULES.

Why are Brits so desperate to be ruled that they brush off abuses of power?
Valid point.      Don't do as I do. Do as I say!
(12-07-2021, 11:06 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Where are Proth and SOTV when you need them?

If you're more angry about this than the tax increases, the damage to our kids education, the 'protection' of our useless health service, an insane drugs policy and de facto open borders on our southern flank I wonder what your priorities actually are?

As it happens we buried my mother during the first Lockdown with only 10 of us allowed at the service. Maybe I'm alone in not being able to muster much anger, frustration and bewilderment about the nocturnal activities of a few chinless SPADs compared with the issues noted above - which actually matter.
(12-08-2021, 09:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:06 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Where are Proth and SOTV when you need them?

If you're more angry about this than the tax increases, the damage to our kids education, the 'protection' of our useless health service, an insane drugs policy and de facto open borders on our southern flank I wonder what your priorities actually are?

As it happens we buried my mother during the first Lockdown with only 10 of us allowed at the service. Maybe I'm alone in not being able to muster much anger, frustration and bewilderment about the nocturnal activities of a few chinless SPADs compared with the issues noted above - which actually matter.

We're days removed from a couple being sentenced for torturing and murdering their little lad, yet a few toffy MP's had a few drinks last Christmas, and this is what boils peoples piss?

As per my previous post, it's not acceptable, but there are really more pressing matters in the world. 

People need to get a grip.
Clarnet v2.0
As far as I understand Kratos, it's not even MPs. It's SPADs, civil servants and a few journos. If this is really what upsets folk, then maybe they should pay more attention to all the other shit going on.
(12-08-2021, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote: As far as I understand Kratos, it's not even MPs. It's SPADs, civil servants and a few journos. If this is really what upsets folk, then maybe they should pay more attention to all the other shit going on.

100% nailed it.
Clarnet v2.0
(12-08-2021, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote: As far as I understand Kratos, it's not even MPs. It's SPADs, civil servants and a few journos. If this is really what upsets folk, then maybe they should pay more attention to all the other shit going on.

Boris Johnson is alleged to have made a speech at said party, it's in his place of work and where the Chancellor lives so at least two senior cabinet members knew of it. And the ITV link is all SpAds and political appointees, Tory Party affiliated, not random civil servants. On top of that, the alleged journos present are very very close to cabinet ministers.

Now piss off with your apologism. Stop gaslighting. If you genuinely don't think that this was done with the blessing of the PM then you're being stupid.

(12-08-2021, 09:50 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

100% nailed it.

No he hasn't
(12-08-2021, 09:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Strangely we can be angry at more than one issue at a time, this one goes to the heart of everything though. We have a group of lying politicians that do what they want for themselves and their mates and have the attitude to fuck everyone else.

This isn’t just about a party at Christmas that you have fallen into line with the party line on, as BB says it was in the home of the Chancellor and next door to the PM. If you think that they were ignorant of something going on literally under their noses then you really have become subservient to the powers that be and defend them at all costs.

Taxes are needed to rebuild an infrastructure so neglected by the people that you have gaslighted for whilst they divvy up the spoils for themselves and their pals.

The education of our children has deteriorated over the last decade and more because of the lip service being paid to it by this government, the need to remove them from classrooms to halt the spread of a deadly virus was necessary at the time but unfortunately left in the hands of Gavin fucking Williamson.

The ‘useless’ health service is the same one that has put us front and centre of the fight against this virus globally, and is the same health service that bails out the private hospitals when it gets a bit difficult for them. Maybe after the experiment with the US style private health service and the funnelling of billions of NHS money into it is resulting in this ‘useless’ service then maybe it is time for a rethink.

Direct question - who will manage the addictions of drug users in this new world of legalisation?  Who will provide the services to help them and the social impact of legally available drugs?

And the ‘open southern borders’ are a direct result of the inability of asylum seekers even getting a response form the various consulates around the globe. Something like 75% of those that travel across those open borders have legitimate enough claims to mean they get asylum once they are here. Maybe, just maybe, if the foreign policy of the narcissists in charge meant that these claims got dealt with at the source then we wouldn’t have this constant flow of desperate individuals willing to risk their lives.

So yeah, there are many reasons to be angry, and all of them are because of the fucking idiots that you helped put in charge. And despite all this you will continue to vote for because they are the ‘least worse’ as you put it.
As an isolated incident I'm not too bothered about it (although it is disgraceful).  It is just another disgraceful, shameful and shameless episode along the conveyer belt of blatant lies, entitlement, incompetence and corruption, and complicity with the elite media barons/plutocracy.  Maybe even those who think it's a big loff and spite against "the Establishment", like they did in voting Leave (and proud of it), might have misgivings, but I doubt it.  "Ooh, look at the Toffs getting away with it!  Good luck to 'em!"
(12-08-2021, 10:41 AM)hudds Wrote: As an isolated incident I'm not too bothered about it (although it is disgraceful).  It is just another disgraceful, shameful and shameless episode along the conveyer belt of blatant lies, entitlement, incompetence and corruption, and complicity with the elite media barons/plutocracy.  Maybe even those who think it's a big loff and spite against "the Establishment", like they did in voting Leave (and proud of it), might have misgivings, but I doubt it.  "Ooh, look at the Toffs getting away with it!  Good luck to 'em!"

Exactly this.

It's just more proof that they don't even want to do well for the country, its just a good ol' laugh for them and their chums.