Ashes
Another feeble batting display. As expected.
The only positive I can take from this series is the fact that we really have reached rock bottom, and things can only get better. Harrison the ECB Chief is talking about resetting the red ball game, so let's see what happens to county cricket from here.

Big changes are required, because it's been an embarrassing series. I love the Ashes, but I've barely watched more than a couple of hours each test, because it's so painful.
(01-15-2022, 07:23 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:20 AM)Cuzer Wrote: That’s the most appealing thing you’ve ever said RS

Kohli is the gift of petulance that keeps on giving. It’s never his fault though is it……bless

Cuzer
Who is turning this Ashes thread to everything about Kohli and India now? Obsession bordering on admiration methinks!  Wink

As I’ve always said fella, scroll back through the messages……..

Cuzer

(01-15-2022, 08:58 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: The only positive I can take from this series is the fact that we really have reached rock bottom, and things can only get better. Harrison the ECB Chief is talking about resetting the red ball game, so let's see what happens to county cricket from here.

Big changes are required, because it's been an embarrassing series. I love the Ashes, but I've barely watched more than a couple of hours each test, because it's so painful.

This EG

The whole thing is a write off now and being bottom of this farcical Test Championship is a godsend in disguise

I was there when Nasser and Fletcher lost to NZ at Lords and got booed off the pitch, the whole thing underwent a massive reboot and we became the number one side in the world, winning the Ashes, In India/Pakistan and looking the complete unit

We need to do the same again and 4 day county cricket needs to become a priority

T20 and the IPL popularity has killed the importance of Test Cricket for an old fossil like me, utter pisser

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Rory Burns so committed to not nicking off he runs himself out for 0 instead.
Day 2 - seems like neither of the sides fancy playing for more than 3 and a bit days.

The Aussies could probably declare now and get 2 days off instead.
Fuck VAR
(01-15-2022, 11:32 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Day 2 - seems like neither of the sides fancy playing for more than 3 and a bit days.

The Aussies could probably declare now and get 2 days off instead.

I didn't even know it was being played until I looked at this thread.
Well seems as though ACuzer has got his wish.
Word is Kohli has relinquished the test captaincy!!

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/v...atsapp.com
Yep, finally his petulance and world ridicule for his actions have caught up with his over sensitive ego

Off he fucks…..

Great batsmen, struggled overseas at times though, decent captain, spoilt child

Cuzer
Potential for some good news down under?

(01-15-2022, 07:52 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Yep, finally his petulance and world ridicule for his actions have caught up with his over sensitive ego

Off he fucks…..

Great batsmen, struggled overseas at times though, decent captain, spoilt child

Cuzer

Grudging praise .. but decent captain? Statistically the 3rd best win ratio of all time .. behind Ponting and Waugh who were in charge of an aussie team far and away the best in the world.
Decent captain, he had a very good side at his disposal RS

A good captain for me is a forward thinking captain, sets smart fields, out thinks the opposition, all Kohli did was shout and scream and try to intimidate players with his tough brand of cricket which has ultimately backfired and after all his bravado, he's walked when things don't go his way

Great batsmen, average/above average captain

Cuzer