Boris Johnson
(12-03-2021, 10:11 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I would just like to point out that parts of England, and not remote parts but towns like Penrith and towns and villages close to Newcastle, still do not have power after a week. This in a first world country.

What have the government done? Has our Prime Minister even bothered to visit?

Bah, brah blah it’s Christmas! It’s party time here at Number 10, I’m too busy getting shit faced and playing the balloon game with my PA to bother with some plebs up in the North. I don’t even know where Penrith is… waiter bring me that ostentatious seafood platter that, that useful idiot with the Alpha recommended to us when we visited the ghastly Wes Midlands! No I don’t know who he is but Saj says he’s great on the doorstep convincing people we care about them.
(12-03-2021, 10:11 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I would just like to point out that parts of England, and not remote parts but towns like Penrith and towns and villages close to Newcastle, still do not have power after a week. This in a first world country.

In fairness to the government BB, these Christmas parties aren't going to organise themselves and travelling to 'The North', wherever that is, means we'll be damaging our chances of meeting our carbon reduction targets. Can't the local council organise a generator so that we can have a zoom call?

I agree this is outrageous. Just imagine how awful it'll be when we're all completely reliant on electricity?

Thanks goodness for my wood burner, diesel generator and gas BBQ.

Is he a trained electrician?
(12-03-2021, 11:10 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

I agree this is outrageous. Just imagine how awful it'll be when we're all completely reliant on electricity?

Gas BBQ's are shit, I have a charcoal one. Food tastes better, fuel is less prone to fluctuations in pricing and supply and better for the environment. I also have a wood burner.

Don't have a diesel generator, have solar panels and a battery storage system instead. Also don't have to worry about the subsidy on red diesel ending in April.

(12-03-2021, 11:27 AM)Fido Wrote: Is he a trained electrician?

Does one need to be trained to operate on high-voltage equipment to coordinate national resources as head of government with local government and power companies?
(12-03-2021, 11:43 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Gas BBQ's are shit

I prefer instant gratification.
(12-03-2021, 12:28 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 11:43 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Gas BBQ's are shit

I prefer instant gratification.

I prefer something that can produce different results than using the oven.
It's such a huge repair even the Isle of Man have sent over their crews to help out.
(12-03-2021, 11:43 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Gas BBQ's are shit, I have a charcoal one. Food tastes better, fuel is less prone to fluctuations in pricing and supply and better for the environment. I also have a wood burner.

Don't have a diesel generator, have solar panels and a battery storage system instead. Also don't have to worry about the subsidy on red diesel ending in April.

Does one need to be trained to operate on high-voltage equipment to coordinate national resources as head of government with local government and power companies?

Gas BBQs product far less CO2, that's for sure. 

And as for Boris surely he has at least a minister to sort this kind of shit out for him instead of him having to travel up just for a photo opportunity? He'd just as likely get lambasted for doing that as he would for not doing it. FFS sake, there are enough things to beat him with a stick about but is this really one of them?
(12-03-2021, 01:13 PM)Fido Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 11:43 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Gas BBQs product far less CO2, that's for sure. 

And as for Boris surely he has at least a minister to sort this kind of shit out for him instead of him having to travel up just for a photo opportunity? He'd just as likely get lambasted for doing that as he would for not doing it. FFS sake, there are enough things to beat him with a stick about but is this really one of them?

I'm happy to beat him with all of them if that's alright.