Fully vaccinated Covid deaths figures
(10-21-2021, 08:28 AM)Duffers Wrote: My Dad is currently on a ventilator in an induced coma, has been since Sunday. He is doubled vaccinated and was actually due his booster this week.

It’s clearly not 99% non-vaccinated.

Really sorry to hear that.
When you’re at war, and we are with this vaccine, sometimes the truth needs to be manipulated to get the desired outcome for the longer term.

If showing stats that 99% of people dying didn’t have the double jabs and it makes a few go out and get vaccinated then the news (or propaganda) has served its purpose.

I hate to think of the amount of public enquiries that WW2 would generate now based on government advice and information. I’m sure there’d be an enquiry into the Coventry bombings - did the government really sacrifice Coventry for the enigma code break secret?
滚开赖
(10-21-2021, 08:58 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Also: Some 458 deaths (0.8%) were people who died at least 21 days after their second dose

How exactly is that 256 who died had had both jabs?!

They then say: Just 256 deaths (0.5%) were people who were both fully vaccinated and who had their first positive PCR test at least 14 days after their second dose

Statistics, you can prove anything with bloody statistics!

"Among those who died after two doses, 13% were immunocompromised, 61% were male and more than 75% were clinically extremely vulnerable."

The sex part seems totally at odds, I'd have put the 75% part way before the sex of those who died. in effect 88% of the 2 jabbed who died had other health issues.

To sum up: Double jabbing can help a lot as 88% of the double jabbed who died between x and y had other serious health issues. I guess they get paid per word or something!?
Good points. It is true you can make people sit up with stats, but as your observations show the stats that aren't real indicators and flawed soon come tumbling down with the first bit of critical analysis.

Most of the posters on this board seem a fairly intelligent bunch in the big scheme, but alas much of society doesn't do the critical analysis and go back to watching Love Island.

Simple, the government need to give compelling stats and back them up to show just how much better being vaccinated is and those who 'choose to exercise their freedoms' by not having the jab should be as much social pariahs as drink drivers.
(10-21-2021, 09:07 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 08:58 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Also: Some 458 deaths (0.8%) were people who died at least 21 days after their second dose

They then say: Just 256 deaths (0.5%) were people who were both fully vaccinated and who had their first positive PCR test at least 14 days after their second dose

"Among those who died after two doses, 13% were immunocompromised, 61% were male and more than 75% were clinically extremely vulnerable."

The sex part seems totally at odds, I'd have put the 75% part way before the sex of those who died. in effect 88% of the 2 jabbed who died had other health issues.

To sum up: Double jabbing can help a lot as 88% of the double jabbed who died between x and y had other serious health issues. I guess they get paid per word or something!?
Good points. It is true you can make people sit up with stats, but as your observations show the stats that aren't real indicators and flawed soon come tumbling down with the first bit of critical analysis.

Most of the posters on this board seem a fairly intelligent bunch in the big scheme, but alas much of society doesn't do the critical analysis and go back to watching Love Island.

Simple, the government need to give compelling stats and back them up to show just how much better being vaccinated is and those who 'choose to exercise their freedoms' by not having the jab should be as much social pariahs as drink drivers.

I recently had the misfortune of having to go back on the dating scene/ apps, and the amount of seemingly intelligent looking (from what they'd written) people who are against the jab was mind boggling, instant no from me even if they looked like Liz Hurley. I don't think the ones who are holding out will ever get it, unless forced (e.g. can't work in care homes now without it, vaccine passports etc..). 9 in 10 adults have had it, but I agree pointing out that it does help a lot is no bad thing.

Can we still call those who watch Love Island pricks?
(10-21-2021, 08:59 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Yes.

Men are more likely to get more severe covid infections. Its true. The mechanism for this is still unknown.

I think pre existing conditions are a massive factor.

My Dad’s lungs were utterly fucked before he caught Covid, ironic for a man who has never smoked a fag in his life, he had pneumonia really badly about 15-20 years ago and it damaged them permanently. Doctors have said that without the vaccine he’d already be gone, at least now he has a fighting chance.
Wishing Duffers snr a speedy recovery. All the best.
I'm really sorry to hear your news, Duffers, I hope your Dad pulls through.

There was some interesting statistical analysis on Sky last night (it was more interesting than our game !!) and as I understand it, a very small proportion of double jabbed are likely to end up in hospital, around 8x less than unvaccinated. It's just the sheer weight of numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated that makes it look like the vax is failing.

If you have an underlying condition though, Covid will impact you more, in much the same way as any virus would. It's the perfectly healthy people taking the attitude of "it won't kill me" that are causing part of the problem. The other is that secondary school infections are through the roof, and the infrastructure to vaccinate these kids is failing. In Scotland kids can go to a local centre, but in England it has to be delivered via school. Just bus them to the local vaccination centre, in the same way you would bus them to a school trip.
The media are scaremongering, again. The BBC are meant to be impartial, but they rarely present facts as facts, and rather present them in a way that fits the agenda that covid 19 is rampant and a deadly virus that kills anyone who contracts it. Disgraceful.
Clarnet v2.0
(10-21-2021, 09:07 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Scary

(10-21-2021, 09:07 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: When you’re at war, and we are with this vaccine, sometimes the truth needs to be manipulated to get the desired outcome for the longer term.

If showing stats that 99% of people dying didn’t have the double jabs and it makes a few go out and get vaccinated then the news (or propaganda) has served its purpose.

I hate to think of the amount of public enquiries that WW2 would generate now based on government advice and information.  I’m sure there’d be an enquiry into the Coventry bombings - did the government really sacrifice Coventry for the enigma code break secret?

Very scary
Like a lot on here, I'm double-jabbed, got COVID anyway and was as sick as a dog for well over a month. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I'd definitely protect myself as best I could and definitely wouldn't have wanted to go though it without the vaccinations.

My very best wishes to you Duffers for your Dad; hope all works out for you all.