Team v Blues
Is Mowatt fit?
(10-14-2021, 06:48 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Hugill is awful.

Correct.
(10-14-2021, 08:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Correct.

That's not correct is it?

I was very sceptical about him coming to the club, and remain unconvinced he is at the level to be a starter in a promotion chasing squad.

But to be fair he is good enough player for most championship clubs, which is a long way from awful.
That's right. He's not awful. He's not very good but has played an instrumental part in our build up play in some games. Admittedly he's also had an absolute stinker in one of the matches.

His finishing, however, has been awful
(10-14-2021, 08:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Correct.

Why do we do this? Label players, so when they have a good game we have to make excuses for it? It works the other way too - some players are gold-plated, so when they have a bad game people feel the need to defend them.

For instance, I reckon Mowatt has had as many poor games as good ones. There have been times when he and Livermore hardly touched the ball, especially during that run of draws. But posting that opinion on here would have started a barrage of dissent. I don't get why it's necessary to bang on about Hugill. He's all we've got, he'll play the part VI wants him to play to the best of his (limited) ability. It will work out or it won't. That's football. That's life.