For the runners amongst you all
(10-14-2021, 02:50 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 02:04 PM)TartanRug Wrote: Sounds like yoga /strengthening are worth doing and might reduce aches and pains as well as hopefully make me a bit less slow. Any yoga / strengthening youtube vids anyone can recommend?

I get mine through Apple fitness+ but have to choose the lessons taught by Dustin rather than the ones taught by Jessica because the missus thinks I'm just perving.

Big Grin
(10-14-2021, 10:28 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Been doing yoga two or three times a week myself which has helped generally with my fitness. If someone would have told me when I hit 30 that yoga was something that could be so beneficial I would have scoffed, but unless you do it you don't realise how hard it is.

Next step is to get the missus to video me running so I can work out where my foot plant is - I suspect I'm over reaching judging by what the book says and how that ties in with my injuries.

My wife bought me a pair of Under Armour trainers last Christmas, and they link into the MapMyRun app, and provides you with cadence data linked to your run. It essentially let's you know whether your stride pattern is within cadence, and offers tips if you're not. They're really comfortable running shoes and this extra functionality is a bonus.

For the record, I've got very good cadence, I'm just not very quick!
(10-14-2021, 02:04 PM)TartanRug Wrote: Sounds like yoga /strengthening are worth doing and might reduce aches and pains as well as hopefully make me a bit less slow. Any yoga / strengthening youtube vids anyone can recommend?

Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. She has specific sessions for runners. Some of them really hurt!

(10-14-2021, 01:12 PM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Supposed to be doing the Great South Run on Sunday but it would appear that the Wife has caught COVID from the little darlings that she teaches. i have suddenly developed brutal cough but still testing negative on lateral flow, hoping to still run.

My girlfriend has just finished self isolation, but my daughter has come down with it. Both repeatedly tested negative on lateral flow, but PCR picked it up.
(10-14-2021, 04:15 PM)mpad_mark Wrote:

Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. She has specific sessions for runners. Some of them really hurt!

(10-14-2021, 01:12 PM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Supposed to be doing the Great South Run on Sunday but it would appear that the Wife has caught COVID from the little darlings that she teaches. i have suddenly developed brutal cough but still testing negative on lateral flow, hoping to still run.

My girlfriend has just finished self isolation, but my daughter has come down with it. Both repeatedly tested negative on lateral flow, but PCR picked it up.

Thanks, I'll give it a go